Do you think there is that much of a difference between the 3 Metal Muffs? Should I go for the main one, or the one in the middle? I play Metallica, Megadeth, Iced Earth. Is there anyone you recommend over the other for any specific reason?
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Go for the main one.
I have it.
And I love it.

With very little messing around you can get teh br0000talzz tone.
:P
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
Go for the full one, ive got it. When on the clean channel of an amp you can get the really thin sounding OTT distortion, but flick it to the gain channel and turn the mids down a bit and it really tightens up the bass end of my amp (So cal 50) and gives a great distortion, with tube overdrive aswell. Just mess around with the settings, all depending on which amp and channel you're using it on.
Quote by CobbZ
Major error Skirvy, spelt "they're" wrong.

You suck.

You know, you are exactly why I dislike metal fans, I've tried the pedals before, and i'm giving an honest opinion, and then you have to be extremely immature about it because it's the end of the world if not everyone loves your favourite pedal.
Actually no, i dont even have the pedal, and i wouldn't consider myself a metal head. I like almost every style of music.

And its not being immature in the slightest. (Ok, maybe the "you suck" was immature.)
I was correcting your bad grammer, which, if it has any affect, could help you in life.

For example, on a CV or an application form, you spell something wrong, its going to reflect badly on you.
get the big one, one of the best things about the Metal Muff is its good EQ section, and the smaller ones lack that, also the foot switchable treble boost comes in handy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by CobbZ
Actually no, i dont even have the pedal, and i wouldn't consider myself a metal head. I like almost every style of music.

And its not being immature in the slightest. (Ok, maybe the "you suck" was immature.)
I was correcting your bad grammer, which, if it has any affect, could help you in life.

For example, on a CV or an application form, you spell something wrong, its going to reflect badly on you.

Major error CobbZ, spelt "grammar" wrong.

It sounds like the TS has tried the metal muff and likes it, otherwise why else would he be asking about which one to get? if i'm right in making this assumption, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. I'd say go for the full one, because if you got the smaller versions with less features you'd feel like theres still room for improvement because you know theres a better version.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
Major error CobbZ, spelt "grammar" wrong.

It sounds like the TS has tried the metal muff and likes it, otherwise why else would he be asking about which one to get? if i'm right in making this assumption, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. I'd say go for the full one, because if you got the smaller versions with less features you'd feel like theres still room for improvement because you know theres a better version.

You are right Blompcube, I have tried both the full one and the pocket one, and I was impressed by both. But I guess you have got a point concerning the potential room for improvement.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
the full one, like said.

that pedals badly needs an eq, imo.

plus the small ones seem to have more QC issues.

also, imo, that pedal really needs a solid amp, or it sounds way to nu-metal for my tastes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah, this one really depends on the amp, but if you have a very clean tube amp it sounds amazing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The advantage of the big one is the extra footswitchable top boost. It's like a trebble booster and a dirt box in one. If that's not useful, go for the nano.