why would you want to build one if you do you don't know what it does?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
why would u build one if you don't know what it does?
It either switches between two amps or two guitars, usually the former
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
You can also use it to switch between two effects chains, like one has (in the effects loop) chorus and reverb on all the time, and other has a delay and EQ you can switch on/off. That way you can effectively hit 4 stompboxes (reverb, chorus, delay and EQ) with just one press of a button.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
You can also use it to switch between two effects chains, like one has (in the effects loop) chorus and reverb on all the time, and other has a delay and EQ you can switch on/off. That way you can effectively hit 4 stompboxes (reverb, chorus, delay and EQ) with just one press of a button.

nah for that youd need to have 2 a/b boxes back to back in one box. i made one of those. its useful
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
nah for that youd need to have 2 a/b boxes back to back in one box. i made one of those. its useful

I think you'd just need one a/b box and a y-cable in the end. At least I think it would work with the y-cable? Not 100% sure.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by halvies
can i make one so that i can switch from amp to tuner?

I don't see why not. Why wouldn't you just get a tuner that goes in your pedal chain, though? Most decent pedal tuners have mute functions.
Quote by halvies
I dont have a pedal tuner, just a normal one that you have to use ur hands to operate it

You could probably get one for cheaper than A/B box, though.