I'm sorry I know about this but, I heard that Mtv is going back to 24/7 music videos, the bad news same old generic radio pop, and hip pop.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I don't believe thats true.
But even if it did, at least it would be living up to its f*cking name.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
i highly doubt MTV will switch because of the fact that everyone in the US watches at least one of the dumb shows on it. i would prefer a switch so that i can watch music videos at any point of the day instead of relying on the XM radio on our Dish package.

i'll believe it when i see it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
it won't just be the same old generic stuff. Surely they'd go back to what it used to be, with dedicated sections, including metal at 2am, or more towards what MTV Europe used to be like (Random stuff during the day, dedicated genre section after 7pm)

I highly doubt that there will be metal, but who knows, and it is hosted by that hip pete wentz dishing out the hottest new things.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
They have MTV Rated now, though, which they usually show Jackass and stuff on. I imagine they'll move the reality bollocks onto there in the future.
Quote by dudius
i highly doubt MTV will switch because of the fact that everyone in the US watches at least one of the dumb shows on it. i would prefer a switch so that i can watch music videos at any point of the day instead of relying on the XM radio on our Dish package.

i'll believe it when i see it

Yes, all of us Americans watch MTV.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by JakeTheDuck
Yes, all of us Americans watch MTV.

He's in the US as well. I think he was just commenting that everybody watches at least one MTV show, and the US ratings are what affects US MTV since other regions have their own.

I don't watch MTV, but I might if they started putting on just music. When I lived in Jordan for high school I got German MTV with mostly just music; it was awesome.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by metaldud536
Metal at 2am? Staying up is metal and all but still.

*quietly waits for pokemon reference*
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by blu_flame34
He's in the US as well. I think he was just commenting that everybody watches at least one MTV show, and the US ratings are what affects US MTV since other regions have their own.

I don't watch MTV, but I might if they started putting on just music. When I lived in Jordan for high school I got German MTV with mostly just music; it was awesome.

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. I was hoping that it was some European that thinks he knows everything about us.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by JakeTheDuck
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. I was hoping that it was some European that thinks he knows everything about us.

We do.
Good news : I don't really care..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
The only way they would do this is if they made another channel like 'MTV:Reality' for all the shows cause it earns them a ****load.
This is good. Because sometimes after a night out, you just want to sit down with your kebab and another couple of cans and watch music videos. I always watch MTV dance in this situation, even though half the music is crappy eurodance you dont really care.