Hi, would app reciate some guidance, I have a Peavey tnt 115 bass combo that puts out 150 watts into its 1x15 speaker at 4 ohms. It can also take an extension cab at minimum of 4 ohms, and if you do this it will put out 200 watts. If I added an extension cab of 4 ohms, I guess this will draw the full 200 watts, but what happens if I add a cab rated at 8 ohms, as a lot of them are, would it alter the output to the built in speaker, or would it underpower the external speaker, making it kind of pointless!!! Any help much appreciated!!!
well it should spread the sound better anyways.. but i have no idea about amps and speaker stuff lol
Well the amp would be running at 2.667ohms instead of 2ohms! not hundred percent sure, but i thnk that hte 8ohm cab will receive less power
Then your 8 ohm cab will be receiving quite a bit less wattage than your 4 ohm cab. Your sound won't be very balanced as far as highs and lows go. Also, are you sure it can take another cab? Then it would be running at 2 ohms which a lot of manufacturers cannot do.
Yeah, Peavey seem to be only company that run at 2 ohms, not much of an electronics wizard myself so can`t really comment, but the paperwork says it`s ok. Thanks for help, any other comments welcome!!!
Quote by Sykilz

Well the amp would be running at 2.667ohms instead of 2ohms! not hundred percent sure, but i thnk that hte 8ohm cab will receive less power

Nope. It means the 8 ohm cab turns more energy into heat.