Hi guys.

I recently started using Rotosound Reds (11-48), and like them, although I find the bottom to be a big light.

Does anyone know of any string brands that do something along the lines of 11-54?

I went to Denmark Street yesterday, but no avail, the closest I could find to what I want is a top light / bottom heavy set of 10-52, which is too light at both ends.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'd prefer not to have to make up my own sets.

EDIT: Ernie Ball do a 11-54 called "Beefy Slinky", but I can't use EB's because they don't react well with my hand chemistry.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jun 4, 2008,
I've seen GHS strings that are like 11-58, but the low strings on those are really heavy and the tension is very uneven, which feels weird.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jun 4, 2008,
^ Word.

Dean Markley 11-52s are pretty sweet.

How about just stepping up to 12's? D'addario makes a 12-54 set with a plain .020 3rd
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
^ Word.

Dean Markley 11-52s are pretty sweet.

How about just stepping up to 12's? D'addario makes a 12-54 set with a plain .020 3rd

They are? Cool, I haven't tried DM's before.

I tried 12's, but the treble strings felt a bit heavy.

I had a look at the GHS Zakk Wylde sets, but those gauges seem to be for drop tunings, and I always play in concert pitch.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They are? Cool, I haven't tried DM's before.

I tried 12's, but the treble strings felt a bit heavy.

I had a look at the GHS Zakk Wylde sets, but those gauges seem to be for drop tunings, and I always play in concert pitch.

Zakk Wylde I don't think ever plays in drop tunings (at least not with Ozzy, don't really know about what he does with BLS) so apparently they work in standard, or maybe standard a half step down.

You know you could always buy individual strings so each string is whatever gauge you want.

Last.fm
I use .13s now so their nice
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Zakk Wylde I don't think ever plays in drop tunings (at least not with Ozzy, don't really know about what he does with BLS) so apparently they work in standard, or maybe standard a half step down.

You know you could always buy individual strings so each string is whatever gauge you want.

Here's the link to those strings, they say he droptunes, although that's not an official product description.
http://www.guitar.co.uk/strings/electric/864-ghs_zakk_wylde_signature_series_boomers

Like I said, I'd prefer not to have to make up my own sets. My reasoning is because A.) It's a royal pain in the arse and B.) It would end up costing me about £10 a set, whereas I could buy packs in bulk at £2-3 a set.
you can buy individual strings in bulk too, although you usually have to buy an assload of them.

Last.fm
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They are? Cool, I haven't tried DM's before...
Give'em a shot.

I give an 80% chance you'll like'em. 'Specially now that they offer a proper set of 11's with a thicker B and D string (Their MTHB set )
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Pretty sure Wylde plays in Eb with Ozzy....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Pretty sure Wylde plays in Eb with Ozzy....

yeah I know he does, because I know how to play most popular Ozzy songs and none of them are in drop or any tuning other than standard or half a step down, and I play them all a half step down, which is what Zakk probably does too.

Last.fm
Go to Regent sounds in Denmark street and buy your roto sounds in singles.

Get any guage you want.

I use: 12 - 16 - 20 - 32w - 44w - 54w
hey you want a set thats in the 10-52 range get ernie ball regular slinky strings. Exactly what you're looking for. And for the 11-52 Ernie Ball Extra Beefy strings work.
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.