Ok i need to read an autobiography this summer for my English 12 class. Im looking to read a musicians autobiography, preferably a guitarist. But i dont know who has a biography. I prefer metal or solo artists (vai, satch) but i dont think they have autobiographies. Any suggestions? Im also open to more classical players.
You must read Room Full of Mirrors! Its excellent and about Hendrix. There is also a good one about Kurt Cobain, I cant for the life of me remember the title.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
You must read Room Full of Mirrors! Its excellent and about Hendrix. There is also a good one about Kurt Cobain, I cant for the life of me remember the title.

The Kurt Cobain one is called Heavier Than Heaven. It's a good read.
Is it an autobiography? Or just a biography.

The kurt cobain one is just a biography as well as the Hendrix one, i need an autobiography (when you write it about yourself)
Dave Grohl has one.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I think Anthony Keidis wrote one called Scar Tissue. I may be wrong on that though.
anthony keidis
Quote by irnbrurules
I think Anthony Keidis wrote one called Scar Tissue. I may be wrong on that though.

what he said
Cobain's one is really good, although obviously he didn't write it. Scar Tissue is good (Anthony Keidis) but he's not a guitarist. Slash's new one is good.
ah, modern musicians are boring the few i've read. they're trying to make a big deal out of what really for alot of musicians hasn't been the most interesting lives. maybe some old jazz ones with an interesting background of 1950's and 60's america. and the classical composers, mozart is definitely an interesting read, as i bach, though they'd be tough reads if you musical knowledge isnt that extensive.
presidents also make an interesting read if you want to look at some really interesting men. the books may take a while to get started but after a bit they're fairly interesting.
Isnt Nikki Sixx's just about him overcoming drug addiction? Im reading Slash right now. Its really good. I would go with slash.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
i would go with The Dirt, which was written by all of the crue, or the heroin diaires, causes both are pretty amazing!
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Marilyn Mansons is... interesting... I'm sure it''l freak out your teachers if you do a paper on it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Alice Cooper: Golf Monster

It covers practically everything.
Last edited by Retro Rocker at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Marilyn Mansons is... interesting... I'm sure it''l freak out your teachers if you do a paper on it.

Oh god no, i dont consider MM a musician as much as an attention wh0re.

OOO Alice Cooper sounds good
Quote by Chaosinborn
Oh god no, i dont consider MM a musician as much as an attention wh0re.

Well yeah, but that's not really the point, and actually theres quite a lot of talent behind a lot of his records, although how much of it his is debatable.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Well yeah, but that's not really the point, and actually theres quite a lot of talent behind a lot of his records, although how much of it his is debatable.

Well i highly dislike his style so i wouldnt enjoy reading his book let alone writting 8 pages about it.
dude how can you not like motley crue!? whats not too like about them?
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by NSixx136
dude how can you not like motley crue!? whats not too like about them?

Never really liked them for some reason. Didnt catch my attention
Quote by Chaosinborn
Well i highly dislike his style so i wouldnt enjoy reading his book let alone writting 8 pages about it.

haha I dunno, I don't really like Clapton but I liked his book, plus Mansons book is hilarious, I'm pretty sure a good bit of it is fabricated, but still.

Last.fm
ahh yeah well i can understand that different people have different tastes in music, but all i'm saying is that it's a great book and deserves a read
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Been said but Anthony Kiedis's one is awesome.

At the moment Im reading The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx
"A lonely life where no one understands you,
But don't give up because the music do..."
Sully Erna's Autobiography is an option. (The Paths we Choose)
Haven't read it though.
LEMMY KILMISTER!!!!!

his autobio. is called White Line Fever, i highly recommend it, very VERY funny but also an
amazing story about going from the bottom to the top.

I mean, the guy was homeless for some time and squatted in abandonned warehouses for a good part of his young life and then motorhead becomes famous at some point.

Definitely check it out.
Quote by -metalhead-
Sully Erna's Autobiography is an option. (The Paths we Choose)
Haven't read it though.

I recommend it, even though he talks about being a drummer more than being a guitarist. It's still a really great book, I'm on my second reading through it.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby