I'm interested in selling my Les Paul that was given to me as a gift about 14 years ago and I'm curious as to about what it is worth. As you can see there is no writing on the headstock, and I've opened up the back panels and there is no indication there as to who the maker is.

Thanks for your help!
I'd buy it if Les pauls wernt to heavy
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Do you know anything about the guitar? Where it was made, what pickups, hardware, body wood, neck wood, set or bolt-on necl?
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
probably not too much, but I'd have to play it to tell you how much I'd pay for it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by HeliuM
Do you know anything about the guitar? Where it was made, what pickups, hardware, body wood, neck wood, set or bolt-on necl?

That is what I'm hoping to find out. Here is another photo from the rear:
The nut is completely ****ed from what I can see in the pic... take those nasty strings off, clean it, then put fresh ones on and it'll look a lot better
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
I guess what I'm asking is if there is any way to know who made the guitar?
Quote by thefrigginbob
It was a gift, why don't you keep it?

I have an acoustic guitar that I play on a regular basis, the Les Paul is the one I learned on...but hardly ever play it any more. I'd like to sell the guitar and buy a new pick up for my cello....pretty rock and roll, I know
back of headstock serial number perhaps?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Maybe $100. Nut needs help badly, and since you have no idea of origin, that hurts the value. Pull out those pickups though. The double cream colors leads me to believe Mighty Mite or DiMarzio. So that means it's from somewhere between the late 70s to the early/mid 80s. I was thinking Japanese, though it would be odd for a Jap guitar of that time to be set neck and not bolt on.
Not DiMarzio or Mighty Mite. No clue what that is. So being a mystery guitar of mystery parts and origin, I'll again say maybe $100 as no one is going to take a risk on something like that as it could be Chinese or Korean in origin as well.
that is korean on the pickup don't know for sure what it says but it definitely is korean in character makeup
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
i say this guitar sucks badly in the state it is in right now. i would suggest replaceing the nut, new strings, new pickups, and just clean the whole guitar really good.

i would say from about 150 to 175.
Guitars: Ibanez RG Series Jewel blue.
Fender Stratocaster Brown Sunburst Maple fretboard.

Amps:
Marshall 15W
Peavy 15W
crate
Crate Head

Wish list.
Future Guitar: Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar.
I had someone tell me it might be a "Cort" because those were made in Korea...what do you think?
Quote by BAoxymoron
that is korean on the pickup don't know for sure what it says but it definitely is korean in character makeup

Wow, never thought my degree in Korean would come in useful on this forum...haha.

It says "검", which is the Korean word for sword. It's pronounced in between Gom and Kom, but I think that the current romanisation system has it wrote as "Keom" or something, which is a load of nonsense.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
A no name guitar isnt going to get much. Its hard to get people to pay decent prices for name brand stuff. Your probably better to just keep it.