Well, I've put my Valveking 112 on ebay, along with alot of other junk I guess I wont be needing anymore. It's been a great servant, but it's just not quite right for me, still, 2 years of dedicated service. though it has almost cost me it's value again in repairs and upgrades.
anyways, with this decommisioning i'm going to be needing a new amp. now I was going to try and find, one of those rare amps, they're quite old usually, that are cheap, but play like they cost 2k. an example would be the sovtek mig range. If i could find a mig 50 anywhere I would snap it up.
I just need a great clean, that dirties up slightly when you turn it up a bit, when the power tubes get working. though doesnt have to be tube and it can be a head. and fine if it has a gain channel.
my budget is very workable, but lets say about £300 at most would be great, though any diamonds in the rough welcomed, thanks.
Look for Kitty Hawk. They made Mesa and Dumble clones. It might be hard finding one which fits your budget, but it's worth a shot.
i've heard that Fender amps have really good cleans, but i dont know if there are any good quality ones for no more than 300 quid.

if you can wait, maybe get a VOX AC-30 or AC-15 (does this one exist???) or look into Orange amps, although they are quite expensive, but if you can wait it out i think you will be very pleased.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Keep an eye out for a Laney AOR Pro Tube. Very similar to the mig 50. Also the older Carvin x100b's.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
i'vebeen having a look at the kittie hawk's, heard a little clip of one, sounds great. i'm having a look, see how pricing is or if there's many on sale. and the old laney's look great to, and possibly my cheapest bet since i'm in the uk. though i'm trying to see if it has a cab out, as the little speaker on the combo doesnt look like it would get much bass response
I'm also trying to find out which jazz chorus would be smart to buy, since there seems to be about 10 different versions of it, and the year its from counts for alot
Quote by Def

I'm also trying to find out which jazz chorus would be smart to buy, since there seems to be about 10 different versions of it, and the year its from counts for alot

most folk go with the JC120 212 combo. they sound fuller than the 112 versions, and is my preference when it comes to jazz chorus'. Theres a few different versions at my work at the moment, and the jc120 212 is my favourite of the couple we have. think the other are a 112 version and a 410.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
well i've been doing some more looking. there's stuff about an amp called the peavey butcher, some people think it's pretty great, as good as a jcm 800, gonna have to do some more research though
Used Carvin MTS homes.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
the bandmaster looks great to, most of them look great, i'm struggling on where to find them though. i'll have a look round the second areas at my local stores and see what they have as soon as possible, but ebay seems a bit scarce and we dont really seem to have pawn shops in the uk
I PM'd you a used amp in the UK, Laney 20 watt all tube. I don't think it's a diamond in the rough but I am not as familiar with Laney being in the US. But it may be worth a look. Near Oxford I think. Good luck.