there's an awesome one near something square, Duck, Son and Pinker, there are LOADS of guitar there, it's quite big.

I haven't bought anything there myself, but my dad bought a lot of books there, apparently they have a lot, but i've only seen the guitar room.

the dudes who work there are total metal heads!
Duck's is good but expensive. I'd get the train into Bristol and go to the shops there instread.
There's three:
Duck, Son & Pinker - lots of stock and they can get anything you want in, but the staff are painfully inept (buy some picks for £5, but hand them a £10 note. Watch them struggle with the huge mind-bending mathematics involved to give you the right change), and their prices are through the roof. I once asked them how much it would cost there to get in a Gibson LP Classic that online goes for £900, and in Reading and Bristol goes for £1100... in DSP they said it'd be £2100. Just completely stupid prices. But since the staff are so dense and they have so much stock, it's convenient to go there and try things out, then buy online instead.
Sounds International - good staff and fair prices (and they're happy to match online prices too, or at least they'll drop down as close to online prices as they can realistically get). They don't have much stock in though, and they basically just deal in Fender and a few Gibson copy brands (such as Vintage, which actually are great guitars). They can get in other brands though if you want, but only if you will buy it, they wont' get something in just for you to try out.
Vintage&Rare - The name says it all. They only deal in old guitars, or new guitars from things like the Fender and Gibson Custom Shops. You won't find standard Ibanez guitars or cheap Epiphones here. Of course due to the nature of their stock, you'll never find anything in there priced under about two grand, they won't price match, and they don't like people haggling. This is where you go when you want a real old Les Paul and you've got thousands to spend on it. Also, Nicholas Cage hangs around the Bath store.

Though I'll say this; shopping around, I find it's usually worth going to Bristol, Reading, or just saying **** it and buying online instead. God damn **** Bath for being so expensive.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i've never been, but jam guitars in/near bristol is probably worth a trip. they have a website ( www.jamguitars.co.uk )and advertise in the guitar mags, and their stock looks to be excellent. probably worth a train trip, from what i remember it's only like 10 minutes from bath to bristol...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've never been, but jam guitars in/near bristol is probably worth a trip. they have a website ( www.jamguitars.co.uk )and advertise in the guitar mags, and their stock looks to be excellent. probably worth a train trip, from what i remember it's only like 10 minutes from bath to bristol...

that does look good, but quite high end and they offfer free set ups for their guitars for life!, does anyone know what the pickups are on the second hand squire here

http://www.jamguitars.co.uk/secondhandstock.htm

im sorely tempted.....
Last edited by b2spirita at Jun 4, 2008,
duncan designed p90s i think...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Vintage and Rare Guitars I love the London one I've never been to the Bath one but it looks bigger!

The London one has a really nice atmosphere.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.