I'm in the proccess of planning and finding parts for my first build which will be a 22" scale fretless bass. I know that the original Ashbory has a 18" scale, but I'm planning on having it tuned as B-E-A-D and would like there to be sufficient string tension. My inspiration was this homemade bass built by some guy in Holland. The best picture of it is at the very bottom. I've chosen where to buy several parts, namely the tuners, preamp, strings and bridge already. I'll post a few drawings of the body shap later today sometime later today. I have no idea what I'm going to do for woods. If ya'll could give me a few ideas on where to start looking on woods, it'd be much appreciated. My goal is to keep the cost of this project under $100. I already have a few prepared piezos left over from a build I helped my friend with. I also have all the tools I need available to me in the form of my best friend who's parents built almost every piece of furniture in their house and made them look better than most professionals. I'll have plenty of help from my bandmates. If you guys have any tips on wood advice of building tips, please post them for my wee noobishness.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
Last edited by Wasted Bassist at Jun 4, 2008,
Here are a few parts I've decided on and will be ordering this on Friday after I get my meager fast-food paycheck.

Bridge:
Either this
or I may spend the extra $10 on this

Pickups:
Piezo I got at radio shack and removed the outer parts from

Tuners:
Ashbory Tuning Machines (Top Right)

Preamp:
PC Assembly (with Potentiometers) (Third Down on Left)

Strings:
Standard Fender Ashbory Strings

Knobs:
Custom made knobs made by me (with help lol)

Wood:
I need to check out local stores to find what I need

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops