Tomorrow I'm going to check a used amp and buy it in case I like it.
However,I dont know the seller so I cant be sure about the amps' condition.
What are the things someone should pay attention to and be careful about,so that I dont hate myself for buying an aged amp with problems and flaws?
Thanks in advance
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
is this an online buy...or craigslist...or what?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
is this an online buy...or craigslist...or what?

He is actually selling it on a music forum but we're going to meet so that I play the amp before I buy it.
Ok, what kind of amp, just curious...then i might be able to let you know what to look for
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Give it a thorough look inside and out to inspect for damage, inquire if it was in a smoking home (prolonged exposure to smoke can gunk up any electronics), Check the speaker for tears, turn all knobs while amp is on and you are plugged in to check for dirty/bad pots and jacks. About all I can think of atm.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by Bloodshed
Ok, what kind of amp, just curious...then i might be able to let you know what to look for

A 2000 Fender Blues Junior Tweed made in USA
Inspect it well like stated and smell it to make sure it doesnt smell like burned electronics.

Take a friend with you as well... While you play have him twist and tweak every knob so you can check for bad or stratchy pots.

Ask when the last tubes were replaced if its a tube amp.

I also like to give them a really good kick at full volume for durabilty testing.. i kid i kid... can you imagine the look on the guys face.... lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 4, 2008,
Blus Junior is tube...so check to see when the last tubes were put in. Also, make sure tube sockets are clear and free or corrosion, as with all the inputs and such. Everything else has already been said. The biggest thing I can reccomend is to bring along your own guitar, and any effects you use. That way you know if it will work with your rig. Whether buying in a store or from a private seller, this is probably the most important thing. Let your ears be the judge. Play som tunes you know how you like them to sound. See if its compatible with your sound. If you don't, you can end up with a great amp that you don't even like
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge