ok so i just got a new laptop, and i just finished charging the battery all the way up. so ive b een on it for 10 minutes and it has depleted 10% of the battery already. now im not sure if im doing this right, but are you supposed to keep the power cord plugged in while i am using it, or just while it is charging?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
take off the battery when the laptop is connected with the power chord...
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
let it discharge fully a few times, or you'll fry the battery. then charge it up from scratch and so on. if you leave the power pack plugged in it will weaken the battery
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
let it discharge fully a few times, or you'll fry the battery. then charge it up from scratch and so on. if you leave the power pack plugged in it will weaken the battery

This.

I managed to kill my old laptop's battery, so it only lasted 15 mins on a full charge..
As I always say: "Rawr"
wich year is the laptop of?

EDIT: oh it's new.
in that case, when on battery, let it go to 0% and charge to 100%.
In spite of almost everyone will tell you to remove the battery when on power cord, DON'T REMOVE THE BATTERY!! the new one's (somewhat like 1 or 2 years ago) don't damage if they are on the PC and with the power cord. Plus, if you take it off it WILL damage it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Last edited by Bleeding_me at Jun 4, 2008,
The battery isnt used when its fully charged and plugged in...
You need to discharge the battery a few times before it reaches its potential, mine died after about 45 mins the first time, now I can get 2 hours and a half of battery.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal