Ive tried everything almost everything and i still allways get picking noise that ruins recordings, tried different size picks, lowering pickups, picking softer, different pick angles, different materials of the pick, but i still allways get that damn annoying picking noise trough the amp..

Is that noise the same on all guitars ?
Will a ISP decimator reduce it?
Will it be as noticable if i get a better quality guitar?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

It's entirely down to picking technique eventually, regardless of what guitar you play or what you use to try to remove it.

If you want to change your attack, you'll have to change your picking technique. I haven't found anything else that works.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Have you tried different strings? I'm pretty sure a ISP Decimator won't help at all.

Edit: Yeah, I think it's down to technique.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
the picking noise? um can you be a bit more specific?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
i think he means the little "click" noise that happens every time you pick a string
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
it's definately all about technique. like when speedpicking, you have to barely have the pick touching the string. but if you're playing like country, you have to have a heavy pick attack. it's just part of the style.
Quote by saulhudsonslash
the picking noise? um can you be a bit more specific?

sometimes the actual sound of the string being plucked gets amplified. this is what is being referred to. like, the sound of the pick hitting a metal string, is amplified. its not always noticeable but sometimes you will hear it under the guitar itself.
A compressor to smooth the dynamics could help a bit...but a lot of it is, sadly technique. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of guitar, pickups, strings, picks are you running?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
^ its a ibanez rgr321 with emg designed humbuckers, d'addario strings and i have .88 dunlop picks, and a couple of 1mm picks

and i guess its not technique ive tried every technique possible :P And the picking sound is surprisingly loud even when im just touching the string very slightly
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Last edited by Jaekae at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by Jaekae
^ its a ibanez rgr321 with emg designed humbuckers, d'addario strings and i have .88 dunlop picks, and a couple of 1mm picks

and i guess its not technique ive tried every technique possible :P And the pciking sound is surprisingly loud even when im just touching the string very slightl with it

I get that too, i belive its the combination of strings and pups, My emgs and D addario's do the same, they are very bright strings
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I get this sometimes, whats the best picking technique to stop the noise?
I had to re-adjust alot of my playing habits had the same issue. Also the tube amp helped out alot over ss amps... But like stated its all in the technique... Noise gates and other suff just masks it which doesnt solve the problem...
Quote by sirlimecat
I get that too, i belive its the combination of strings and pups, My emgs and D addario's do the same, they are very bright strings

that might be it, going to try different strings next time and if that doesnt help im gonna get the new pickups ive been looking at