Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to guitar (2 years) and I was looking to get an effect to help out my tone. I enjoy all kinds of music from indie to metal. Just for reference a few of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden (saw them live a couple of weeks ago ), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Modest Mouse, and the Lord Weird Slough Feg. I also love Satch and Vai.

I've got a Crate FW120HS and an ESP EX-400. I'm not really sure what would help the most for my tone so anything you could suggest would be awesome. My budget is up to $150.

I'd also like to apologize for my complete newbness on the subject. Thanks in advance.
maybe just an eq pedal? boss ge-7?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

crybaby? see how i linked that to the title of the thread?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
crybaby? see how i linked that to the title of the thread?

*insert 'I see what you did there' meme*
ohai little sig.
I'd suggest a multi-effects pedal with a volume/wah pedal attached....good beginners pedals that help you great different sounds.

If you're looking for an individual effect...I'd say an Ibanez tubescreamer maybe....or a crybaby.
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Go try out all different effects. You might want something as simple as a tube driver... But you might find out that you like something a lot more different like a phaser, flanger, delay, wah or qtron. Any good guitar shop will have a multitude of effects, get something that'll let you have fun and be creative. I've got a dunlop crybaby 95-q, boss ph-3 phase shifter, boss mt-2 metal zone, ehx small clone chorus and an ehx q-tron... all of which supply me with endless ideas and fun.
Quote by Demonikk
*insert 'I see what you did there' meme*

(Y) i thought it was quite good lol.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Alright thanks for all the ideas! I'll go to GC to try some of them out.