just a quick question, im thinking of gettin a line 6 175w bass amp. would this be suficient for small gigs...eg pub and clubs, hall etc etc?
Depends if the 175 is the RMS or the peak power usage. On the back of the amp or in the manual it should say how much power the whole amp uses, if it's significantly more that 175 then I'd say it's good to go.
175 unmic'd would juuuust do it. couldnt go too loud tho.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by nerradc
just a quick question, im thinking of gettin a line 6 175w bass amp. would this be suficient for small gigs...eg pub and clubs, hall etc etc?

What's your budget for the amp?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What's your budget for the amp?

quite loud but not too loud...i mean currently im borrowing a 80w amp thats hooked up to my pedal and thats like on par with him but thats only in practice mind...
Quote by pwrmax
Depends if the 175 is the RMS or the peak power usage. On the back of the amp or in the manual it should say how much power the whole amp uses, if it's significantly more that 175 then I'd say it's good to go.

its 175 rms i beleive?
Quote by nerradc
its 175 rms i beleive?

Then it should be able to pull off a small gig.
that can probably handle a small gig, just barely, I would go for something more powerful if you plan on gigging regularly, especially if you want to play halls and whatnot, or else you will end up having to run your amp into the PA.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by nerradc
quite loud but not too loud...i mean currently im borrowing a 80w amp thats hooked up to my pedal and thats like on par with him but thats only in practice mind...

No, budget as in: how much money do you have to spend?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, budget as in: how much money do you have to spend?

sorry mate clicked on wrong quote erm...looking at around £350
Quote by nerradc
sorry mate clicked on wrong quote erm...looking at around £350

If you saved up just a little bit more you could get a Hartke VX2510 combo which would do you for gigging, I've used the head & cab version and that works fine for small gigs.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
marshall MB4210, 300W standalone, you'd prolly be able to get the extension cab too with £350, helloooo 450W. plenty
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.