Hey, i've got a Peavey Generation EXP Custom, and i love the piezo and ACM pickups in the bridge, and because of the glorious sound, i dont want any other guitar that doesnt have these special pickups.

And ive scowered the internet to try and find them seperatly so that i could then get them fitted on any guitar i choose, but i haven't got any luck.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? Such as where to buy them etc, i havent asked a music shop yet, but i really dont want to pay massive ammounts just for them, because then i could just buy another peavey, and essentially take them off and put them on anything i want, but id rarther not :P
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric.html

This has two different types: one for the Gibson style stop-tail and TOM bridge and one for the fixed bridge style you get on the RG321 and some Teles, as far as I know this is just about the only option you have if you want to retro-fit them to another guitar but I think it takes some doing so you might want to get a luthier to do it for you.

How does the peavey play compared to something like an Ibanez in terms of neck shape by the way? I've wanted to try one for a while but can't find the piezo loaded one anywhere anymore.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by maidenpriest69
would it be possible to put a transducer piezo in a solidbody electric?

Yes; the page that I linked to has 2 different after-market piezo units that fit onto solid body electrics and there are a few guitars (not many) on the market that come with them stock like the Peavey Generation EXP Custom and the EBMM John Petrucci Signature.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
How does the peavey play compared to something like an Ibanez in terms of neck shape by the way? I've wanted to try one for a while but can't find the piezo loaded one anywhere anymore.

Yeh the product has kinda stopped being stocked by people, i ordered mine off thomann and just hoped it would be perfect :P Luckily it was :P

It's a really smooth neck, i haven't played an ibanez sorry :P But i have played a les paul gibson if thats any comparrison for you, and i hated the les paul, to me it felt horrible and i disliked the sound, this was after i'd been playing my peavey for about 4 months.

Once you go to piezo you dont go back, the difference is phenominal, and i really want them again because i've customized my entire rig around them.. :P

Thanks for the info, i'll also talk to a guitar shop to see how much they'd charge to do it or to ship it in.

EDIT:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/1/Graph_Tech_Ghost_Pickup_System_for_Guitar.html

These are exactly what i'm after, thanks alot Perfect!

EDIT2:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/2/Graph_Tech_Ghost_Pickup_System_for_Guitar.html

Have to buy this aswel so the pickups actually work btw :P Works out to about £90 for the whole shabbang, which isn't bad, but if you include the guitar labour, which is
always a bomb, could be more than i'm willing to pay, but we'll, anyone got any ideas how much installation would be?
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Jun 5, 2008,