Well,

After I bought my Caparison i noticed there was one thing missing in my collection: an archtop. So, after trying a bunch of different models, this one stood out and today a nice man from UPS delivered it to my door.

It's the Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II; complete with a lot of binding, Grover tuners, flamed maple, two humbuckers, gold hardware and some cool inlay work.

Let's look at some more pics.

Check out the binding going across the middle:

The tailpiece:

The back and sides:

A detail of the last few frets:

The headstock:

The dog:

If anyone wants more pics, just ask.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jun 4, 2008,
Beautiful guitar... can we get some better pictures of the back?

Lucky bastard on getting any new guitar at all, specially one as nice as this... damnit I need to get a job.
Quote by Habit Zero
Beautiful guitar... can we get some better pictures of the back?

Lucky bastard on getting any new guitar at all, specially one as nice as this... damnit I need to get a job.

Here you go:

Although, as with pretty much any flamed or figured piece of wood, the pics don't really do it justice.
Quote by Orbit91
Nice dog.

I'll pass on the complement to him
Where on Earth do you Work Man!?!?! That thing is Beautiful, just like every other guitar youve bought

with all these guitars, you may be running out of Room. and Since im such a Caring friend, ill take a few off your hands for ya? Send the RG550 my way, its not very good you dont need it

Nice dog as usual haha
oh wow, that's awesome.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by thefrigginbob
God you have the best taste in gear.

And you have good taste in dogs
That is absolutely gorgeous.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
And you have good taste in dogs

Well, thank you!

On that note, I got another beagle

He sits next to my amp whenever I play(I think he likes the bass)
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
Well, thank you!

On that note, I got another beagle

He sits next to my amp whenever I play(I think he likes the bass)

Kickass.

Actually, when I was playing my new guitar through an amp today, my dog sat next to it aswell (although I reckon in his case it was a way to attract attention).
That's a rather mighty collection of guitars you're building up

I've always been rather fond of the Epiphone archtops, great guitars.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
That's a rather mighty collection of guitars you're building up

I've always been rather fond of the Epiphone archtops, great guitars.

Thanks, but still no PGM...
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Thanks, but still no PGM...

I'ma beat you to that! I was planning on an August purchase, but as I still have no job... September maybe... haha, no one is hiring, sucks balls
Quote by Habit Zero
I'ma beat you to that! I was planning on an August purchase, but as I still have no job... September maybe... haha, no one is hiring, sucks balls

Well, you'll probably be able to find a job during the summer.

Besides, September isn't that far way.

On the other hand, you might have a PGM before me, but I picked up my tickets yesterday for one of his gigs
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jun 5, 2008,
Thats made me want to get an archtop

Thats beautiful though!
Just like i said about your Vigier xD
/CENTER]
Great guitar man! Was this a guitar you tried out in store then had it ordered to yours or did you order it off the internet?

I'm so gonna get a PGM301 before you do!
Quote by Mwoit
Great guitar man! Was this a guitar you tried out in store then had it ordered to yours or did you order it off the internet?

I'm so gonna get a PGM301 before you do!

I tried one in a store a while ago, while I was hunting for archtops. However, the search pretty much came to an end when I bought my Caparison. I recently became interested in archtops again and this one was ordered through the internet.