Page 1 of 2
Hi all i would like to know easy metal songs
i am playing for 3 or 4 months now
i know that there are like 200 posts asking for easy songs and stuff but i only see bands like black sabbath and metallica stuff like that lol.

PS:i love Metallica and black sabbath i dont have any prob it them but i just whant new bands and stuff.
This is kinda lame, but Dethklok has some easy stuff, if ur into that =P
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
If you like Sabbath you should check out Orange Goblin, very Sabbath-y. I'm not too sure what the tab situation on the site is like though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Enter Sandman is freakin easy (all except the solo). try dirty window too if you're not one of the people who completely shun anything off of st. anger.

hmmm and if you like system of a down most of the songs from toxicity are easy
Try some songs by Necrophagist, Racer X, Dream Theater, Opeth, Cacophony and Nile.
Should be pretty easy for someone of your skill level.
Yeah dethkloks real easy if you can sweep pick and trem pick and do pinch harmonics after 4 months.

Rammstein is one of the easiest metal bands out there. Its unfortunately the first metal band I learned some songs from off of their album sehnsucht.
Dio - Holy diver.

But ok you don't want that oldie metal ok hm.

Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet. Looks harder then it is.

Drop C required too.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Orbit91
Try some songs by Necrophagist, Racer X, Dream Theater, Opeth, Cacophony and Nile.
Should be pretty easy for someone of your skill level.

+1
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
wouldnt call them metal, but lay down by priestess is pretty cool.

or souls of black - testament.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden and you might be able to nail most of the second solo as well.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I'm sorry, but you want metal but dont want black sabbath or metallica? that's odd.

but on topic, i second the recommendation on Omerta- Lamb of God. easy song, totally awesome.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Learn the whole album, even the bass solo,
Metallica - Garage Days (Am I Evil, etc...awesome fun stuff to play, has good mixes of nice and fast, and not very hard)

I know you didn't want Metallica, but there it is anyways...its the first metal I learned.
hmm

Symphony of destruction - Megadeth (just play Dave's part)
A tout le monde - Megadeth

well i got more but this should keep you busy for a few days!
Blood Brothers - Iron Maiden. Super easy.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by breakstuff
Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden and you might be able to nail most of the second solo as well.

AWESOME song..could be a little more powerful i think though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Whiplash by Metallica is pretty damn easy. About 90% of that song is just tremolo picking the low E string.
Quote by Wigert
Dio - Holy diver.

But ok you don't want that oldie metal ok hm.

Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet. Looks harder then it is.

Drop C required too.

Ride the tiger! You can see his stripes but you know he's clean!

Great song...

You might try I'm Broken by Pantera

EDIT: Whoever said to learn Anesthesia....... My friend plays the intro (He learned it on bass first) just to piss me off because bass parts shouldn't be played on guitar....It just isn't right.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 4, 2008,
Either way Anesthesia played on Bass (preferred) or on guitar its a pretty damn cool peice of music.
Quote by Soadfan8
Enter Sandman is freakin easy (all except the solo). try dirty window too if you're not one of the people who completely shun anything off of st. anger.

hmmm and if you like system of a down most of the songs from toxicity are easy

enter sandman is one the black album >.>
Quote by ironman1478

Yeah but Dirty Window is on St. Anger.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ironman1478

note the full stop...

er

try imperium by machine head, it looks hard but once you get the hand of it, its not too bad and deffinatly Davidian

or beast and the harlot by avenged sevenfold, lots of drop D barre chords but tis pretty cool

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
static X, most of there stuff is just pm'd 0's on the 6th string :L

slight exageration but there songs do invlove it alot.

Not exacly metal but the RATM songs in drop D are pretty easy usually.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Trogdor by Strong Bad. Easiest song i've ever played in any genre and its hilarious too. to see what the song is all about go to homestarrunner.com click on sb emails and watch the one titled "dragon". strong bad is amazingly funny.
creeping death---metallica
head out to the highway----point of entry, judaspriest
no remorse--killem all metallica. one of the best metal songs ever done imo
paranoid--black sabboth, done to death sabboth song, but easy to play
i know you wanted more modern metal songs but im old and senile and just plain forgot
ps these songs rock....oh nurse my catheter fell out again!!!!!
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Many modern metal bands use Drop C these days. If you want to play say System Of A Down, or Children Of Bodom, then this might help you: http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/

Just click to Drop C(/#), or any other tuning depending on what band you're playing.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Pantera - Walk
Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
Alice In Chains - Man In A Box
Atreyu - Lip Gloss and Black
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Check out Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage, it's pretty easy and is an awesome cover. :P

I'd say try playing the original before the cover; there's much less fast down picking.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
judas priest - living after midnight, the easiest of the easiest metal songs ever and the song is awesome once you add the vocals. someone who has never touched a guitar could probably learn to play that song and the solo in 2 weeks.

anything off british steel isnt going to be very hard to play so have a look at that. other songs getting a little bit harder would be stuff like hell bent for leather, nightcrawler, the ripper or youve got another thing comin. all awesome songs to play but none are that hard except the solos in a few.

as for other bands, iron maiden are awesome and have pleanty of easy stuff for you to learn. anything off the number of the beast is going to be pretty epic and not too hard.
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica is pretty easy.

Master of Puppets (Not the solos) isn't too bad either.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Phillitalian
wouldnt call them metal, but lay down by priestess is pretty cool.

This man speaks the truth. Its really easy, if you can string skip a little, and its a good headbangin' tune. I recommend it =]
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'd say try playing the original before the cover; there's much less fast down picking.

plus it's better.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by an epic mistake
plus it's better.

That's a matter of opinion, but the original is certainly less technically challenging.

Something like Trust by Megadeth would also be a good choice; the rhythmn parts all the way through are pretty easy.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
holy wars

jk

try the song symphony of destruction(minus the legendary solo). it is super easy and the song's freakin' awesome
Last edited by ironman1478 at Jun 6, 2008,
Page 1 of 2