Hey, so me and my buddy are looking at playing some stuff together. He plays acoustic and I play electric (and we both just got/are getting new guitars, so we'd like to put them to use). Neither of us is that great. He excels at keeping time, strumming and can easily sing while playing. He does do much in the way of notes, riffs, etc. but he has an excellent grasp of chords and rhythm. I can play chords as well as some riffs, etc.

We're into all sorts of rock/blues stuff, so anything in that area is fine. I'm just having a hard time thinking of what songs we could play together that would sound complete. I'm sure there's lots. Any ideas?
Last edited by TheProducer at Jun 4, 2008,
Ramble on from led zeppelin
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
there are lots of zeppelin songs with acoustic and electric
Babe Im gonna leave you
Ramble on
stairway to heaven
over the hills and far away
the rain song
etc
Awesome guys, never thought of them. Keep 'em coming. I just thought of The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana. I can't remember how the Bowie one goes. Haven't heard it in awhile.

Anything that can be sung pretty easily and isn't too complex on the guitar parts is a plus as well.
every rose has its thorn- poison
uncle tom's cabin- warrant
wanted dead or alive- bon jovi
i remember you- skid row
madalaine- winger

probably a bunch more i've missed...

80s metal for the win!

EDIT: none of those should be all that hard as long as you skip the solos...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
every rose has its thorn- poison
uncle tom's cabin- warrant
wanted dead or alive- bon jovi
i remember you- skid row
madalaine- winger

probably a bunch more i've missed...

80s metal for the win!

Ha, gotta love the 80s metal!

Anything a little newer though?
seether had one recently-ish, i think, the one with amy lee?

wheatus- teenage dirtbag

dang i feel so old. even those are probably a couple or more years old...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
seether had one recently-ish, i think, the one with amy lee?

wheatus- teenage dirtbag

dang i feel so old. even those are probably a couple or more years old...

Ugh, I HATE that Seether song! Haha, no offense bro :P Can't blame anyone for suggesting it! It just got killed on the radio--like many songs.

Teenage Dirtbag is an awesome song, but man, that's gotta be at least 6 or 7 years old now? Wow, time flies!
yeah, i hated it too, it's the only one i could think of.

i guess you can tell i don't listen to too much newer stuff...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any more ideas? Anything that could be played and sung with an acoustic and an electric.