Oh my god I'm pissed . This song makes me feel like I suck ass at playing. I can't get the first bend to sound anything like the track. it sounds like a dying cat and I hate to even hear myself practice it.

I usually don't have this much trouble bending a note but I have no clue what I'm doing wrong here. In the tabs it says to bend a full tone up, and from what I can you sort of vibrato at the top of the bend. I watched his live videos and I can't figure out what he's doing differently, besides being a GOOD player.

I made an example vid demonstrating the problem (Disclaimer: this is bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNS0AAdTI7Q
I know I screwed up the slide-in too, I was too pissed to care when I recorded this to start over.

I was even using a program on my computer to tell me if my bend was sharp or flat and even when I had it right on, it didn't sound good.

someone help me get the dying cat out of my guitar. "Keep practicing" is the obv answer, so plz don't post that - I will but I'm just looking for some tips in between my attempts at the song.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
slow things down, forget everything you know about the song, and try learning it again
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I know how to play the song, but I really can't say what exactly you are doing wrong. It doesn't really look like you are feeling the song if you know what I'm saying. Your tone is the major problem for me, it's hard to get John's tone since he uses two-rock amps. Just keep practicing it'll come.
So you're saying I should throw all the tabs away, watch the video and just try to learn it my own way??
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
You really need to work on vibrato. Vibrato is one of those things that takes years to develop and just takes time. I learned by watching video's of BB King. He's the god, so I would recommend watching his videos for tips.

Also, your tone is thin. Use the neck pickup, maybe have a bit of overdrive and a nice chunk of bass and mids.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
He releases the first bend slightly before bending it back up to pitch I think.
he does slide into the e, just not from the 1st fret like you.

simple a to b bend and as someone else mention you need to work on vibrato.

B.B. King and his 'hummingbird' vibrato is better than anyone else, and Mayer is damn good at it too, - keep practicing. good luck.
SRV R.I.P.