Is it possible to use a 4-way blade selector to achieve multiple combinations of a 4-conductor pickup?

Sounds weird, yes, let me better 'splain.

If I have a JB and I wanted to be able to select the front coil, rear coil, series, or parallel, could I do all of those things with a single 4-way switch with a single output to a 3-way switch (2 pickup guitar)?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I don't know. It might be possible. Any pictures or diagrams of the switch?
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
No diagrams, but after checking around, 4-ways are kinda pricey.

Perhaps a typical 5-way with another option? Can't think of any, maybe just off altogether?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
You could go with two On/On/On mini toggles too. It would be a bit more busy looking, but would also be easier to wire.
Or 2 on/on mini toggles. It would probably be the simplest way. What kind of guitar are you putting this in?
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
^ F'in A my friend, F'in A.

Not exactly what I wanted with the Rotary switches, but nevertheless, pretty stinkin' cool.

As for what guitar this is going in...Well none really. I'm kind of assembling a collection of versatile wiring diagrams. As much as I dislike Les Pauls, this setup would be absolutely fantastic in a LP.

You could do a master volume and tone (Or go really crazy and go dual concentric volume/tone) and the two rotary switches...ridiculous versatility.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by jm1681
Is it possible to use a 4-way blade selector to achieve multiple combinations of a 4-conductor pickup?

Sounds weird, yes, let me better 'splain.

If I have a JB and I wanted to be able to select the front coil, rear coil, series, or parallel, could I do all of those things with a single 4-way switch with a single output to a 3-way switch (2 pickup guitar)?
the only 4-way blade i know of is a specialized one for the tele. and it only has 2 poles. i don't much care for the wiring on that one, but it does exactly what you've described using the two pickups of a tele. Fender has a drawing of that somewhere on their site. cba to look for it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I thought so, but I wasn't sure

Regardless, I think I'm going to go with a rotary system. More options, less...large holes...

Oh man, if someone made knobs in the shape of rotors (You know, from a Mazda RX-7) for my rotary switches...I think I might blow my brain stalk.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Last edited by jm1681 at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
^What does that look like?

The triangle looking jam in the middle, thats a rotor

Quote by forsaknazrael
Very nice work. I applaud your use of zip-ties. Very tidy indeed

How is the rotary integrated in that setup?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Very cool

I feel bad 'cause I keep making switching threads but I've got so many ideas and no knowledge of how to implement them
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头