So yeah, bought the amp and it's on the way. Now looking to throw a couple pedals in front to get some basic effects. What do you recommend?

I'm pretty much set on a big muff pi for distortion... what else?

reverb? chorus? I know those two are both pretty common built-ins on other amps which this one doesn't.

Just a basic setup is fine; I don't need a whole lot. Any recommendations are appreciated!
An OD of some sort. A Bad Monkey if you're on a budget, but if you're not I'd recommend a Visual Sound Double Trouble, due to its extreme versatility.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Maybe a Maxon od808 and a holy grail or whatever that reverb pedal is. Those would be the basics. You could look into a chorus of some sort. You could look into a eq pedal as well. MXR 6-band maybe
Tube Screamer?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
dude, try the big muff before you buy. its one of those pedals everybody seems to like but its like personal opinion in the end.

the distortion out of it is really a fuzz, a very "irregular" signal that gives you a crunchy tone with some volume drops between it cuz the "distortion waves" take some tiume to appear. see a video of it or try it in person. its a good pedal, but it might not be what you are looking for.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
dude, try the big muff before you buy. its one of those pedals everybody seems to like but its like personal opinion in the end.

the distortion out of it is really a fuzz, a very "irregular" signal that gives you a crunchy tone with some volume drops between it cuz the "distortion waves" take some tiume to appear. see a video of it or try it in person. its a good pedal, but it might not be what you are looking for.

I watched a bunch of videos of the Big Muff Pi and pretty much determined that's the sound I want (Siamese Dream sorta distortion)... well, I went to the local shop today and tried a LITTLE big muff on a little Crate V5 (closest thing they had to a blackheart combo) and it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Will there be much difference between the actual Big Muff on the Little Giant? I don't know the terms 100% here, but it just wasn't as clear as I had hoped... like the tone knob just didn't go far enough. Would I need to change a tube or something in the Blackheart or would the Big Muff sound a little different? Or would you suggest a different distortion pedal? I am looking for the "fuzz" sort!
bump... any suggestions as far as the blackheart / fuzz distortion? Like I said, the LITTLE big muff just didn't have enough tone to me through that crate v5.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Maybe a Maxon od808 and a holy grail or whatever that reverb pedal is. Those would be the basics. You could look into a chorus of some sort. You could look into a eq pedal as well. MXR 6-band maybe

I don't recommend buying a reverb pedal at all, IMO they're useless. If you really want reverb, buy an echo or delay. Much more useful and versatile, and can be set like a reverb if you need it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Boss chorus, tubescreamer, DD-3 delay, and a wah.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar