I feel like I'm not practicing good. I'm only working on a few songs at the moment cause they have solos and I'm trying to get them perfect or close to. I'm also working on scales, arpeggios blah blah. Is it ok that I'm only working on a few songs?
i'd sayt hats pretty good. if you're trying to get those solos close to perfect and you're improve and practicing scales than this would be fine. how often u practicing?
Id say that its good, make sure when you learn the solo's keep your technique good, also you can take snippets from solo's and manipulate them to your own playing
remember, you'll see the most improvement when you're not forcing yourself to play.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Try some free form stuff, fragments of songs or make up your own stuff too. It will still give you a chance to practice different techniques. Don't get too hung up on scales. Practice rythym parts as many people wanting to be lead players miss out on building good rythym and timing. Speed isn't everything, you need to be able to play slow properly as well.
i think what u should do is take the solo and break it up in to short parts. listen to the start of the solo then after like 5 seconds or so or wherever u feel is right, pause it and try playing that part to a tee. Then move on to the next parts each time playing the begginning until u've learned the whole thing.
Quote by Les Paul57
i'd sayt hats pretty good. if you're trying to get those solos close to perfect and you're improve and practicing scales than this would be fine. how often u practicing?

What the **** did you just say?

I think you're doing quite well. I usually only work on one or two songs at a time....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's fine that you're working on just a few songs, as long as long as you're not bored with them.
If you feel like you need to do more, learn a new song...

If you keep seeing improvement, then you're doing just fine =]
"I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here."
Even if you just focus on scales...You will find that if you master them...
Most riffs and solos in American commercial music falls right into place..

It takes time and a lot of work..but fortunately you have your goals in
mind..I think you gonna be ok..just dont stop workin...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett