ok long story made short. i had a walmart first act and it fed up. returned it and bought a metalien witht the money i got back... so what do u guys think of my choice
Well, I think they would be about the same.

You should have saved up a bit though and maybe bought one of Ibanez's starter packs and stuff.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
if u r playing thru that...sell it, get a small tube and a decent guitar...not a pile of crap
Yea, um, that guitar sounds cool for screwing around on or something if you got it REALLY cheap, but probably a squire with just one new pickup would sound better, and that's only like a 200 dollar deal.
It doesn't look impressive. seeing as how in the stats is lists a "dual humbucker" as one of it's triats.
I would just get a decent guitar for that cheap. I mean people bitch and bitch about squires or those cheap little epiphones, but cmon, for 200 bucks, they're not bad, especially with a pickups change. I have to admit though, I'm partial to squier at that price range.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by third-eye
i don't think walmart is the best place to buy musical instruments, my friend.

Nope, it ain't.

It's kind of sad though, because I'm sure it ropes in a whole bunch of kids and parents who think they're doing something good. Truth is, they could get something of higher quality at a shop for nearly the same price.
Try a Squier starter pack they're pretty cheap I got one for $180 and its preety good
but i RETURNED the first act and got a behringer metalien which had good reviews
How is a 149 dollar starter pack guitar going to be any better than a 100 dollar first act. The little practice amp I have was a 100 dollars and its not very good. So you can see by simple math that you aint gettin much for that money. 200 bucks doesnt buy much just getting a guitar.
no, you're right it doesn't, but this guy seems to be on a tight budget, so I believe people are pitching in suggestions in his price range that aren't TOTAL pieces of ****.

That said, I'm still in favor of a squire strat. they're really not that bad.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I dunno about people talking about "eh, at that price range you may as well just get this piece of crap"

I spent $220 on my guitar and amp. Got a Epi SG and some weird 'crate' practice amp.

My guitar is great, it plays as well/better as my bandmates $600+ PRS guitars*. (that may or may not be just because of his weirdly set up amps, but eh well) Yeah, if you only have a bit of money to spend you're not gonna be buying something you can keep for the next 5 years and go out and play gigs with, but you shouldn't just say 'eh well, starter guitar' and settle for crap.

*Before I start getting flamed - I'm not saying Epi's are better than PRS guitars, come on now. I am saying that it is possible to look around and get a very well made guitar, even if it is coming at $200 or less. As we all know, every instrument is unique, if you look long enough you could find a particularly nice starter guitar that'll tide you over for the year or so before you can upgrade.
i had 600 bucks but i spent 450 on a BT ironhorse with a E frame
yep, Epi SG's are fair for that price

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
TS, you're just starting out. If you have a Gibson it'll sound about the same as your beheringer right about now. sharpen your skills and save up some money.

best of luck.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik