ok so i'm thinking about getting a new 7 string with a LFR and tune it to F. i know i need to set it up properly. i dont see myself going to different tunings with that guitar, well at least not now. what should i do, and be specific. send me some links or something.

the only problem is, i'm looking for people who have done this themselves, i mean, setting up a 7 string that has a Floyd to F. i dont want to know how to set up a guitar for standard tuning on a 6 string.

i would send it in to a shop, but i can't. nobody in my area has set up a guitar lower than C Standard on a 6 string.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
uh... yeah... too bad i dont have $1500 in my pocket to shell out, or i would have gotten one already, believe me, if i had the money i would of gotten one when Ibanez first started mass producing them. all i have is this 7-string so i have to use what i have.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Get some thick assed strings. After that it should be pretty musch the same as setting up any normal guitar with a floyd. I dont see why a shop couldnt do it, with thick enough strings that is.
i was going to throw some 10-70's on there, or something like that. i asked the guy at the local guitar center to set my 6 string to B Standard a while ago and he called me crazy. he said he wouldn't trust himself doing it, because he's never done it before
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Might be best to get thicker strings than that. Maybe a .72, Im not too sure though.
And it also might be best to just have a go yourself. Theres not much can go wrong setting up floyd roses, you'll just have to be pretty patient Online guides will help alot. Theres some good vidoes on youtube.