I want a hard rock/metal guitar. I'm not paying over $1500.
I'm thinking Dean or Jackson. Any help?
Thanks
Jackson fa sho........but seriously a Jackson over a Dean.

And as far as guitars in that price range.....theres a lot of good ones to choose from.

Maybe

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR5-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512238

Dude I can't wait for the new Phil Demmel Signature to come out.
I have a Silvertone strat and there ok I guess but I hate the way they look. I'd rather have a V or a ML or an Explorer.
if you're looking to buy new (WTF), RR5. they recently came out with RR5FR with a OFR. not a fan of fr personally. Dinky's are good too. as for deans, they ahve a very specific tone and look that is a love/hate thing.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by FireandFlames
Carvin

damn right.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Personally id go for that soloist........it oozes teh sexyness
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Quote by evan101
strat all the way

... u have to be kidding strats are good but there not for metal. id go for esp or jackson.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
... u have to be kidding strats are good but there not for metal. id go for esp or jackson.

Slap some SD Hot Rail pickups in a Strat and you can play metal just fine, n00bster.
Quote by gstacey1

With the write amp, effects etc, any guitar can sound metal. Hell i made my 100$ wal-mart guitar sound metal!
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Out of a Dean or a Jackson I would definitely get a Jackson Soloist, they are absolutely beautiful to play IMO, that and I can't stand Deans.

Are you ruling out Carvin because you don't like them or because you just haven't tried one because I would definitely take a Carvin over both of those no matter what style of music I was in to.
you can customize the carvin to your liking. go for the v220. it looks nice too. of course there are others but that one will let you customize it any way you want and still be under 1500.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
ESP LTD series. Cheap guitars that should not be cheap at all.
Melodic Death is the only way.
Quote by FireandFlames
Slap some SD Hot Rail pickups in a Strat and you can play metal just fine, n00bster.

u dont need hot rails to play metal on a strat. the stock single coils will do as long as u have a good amp.
Some advice I've used before.....
..."you should try to consider what you want from a guitar (not music styles so much but construction)
What scale do you feel most comfortable playing? (24-3/4, 25 or 25-1/2)
What is your favorite fingerboard? (ebony, rosewood or maple)
What is your prefered neck profile? (round, wide/flat, narrow etc)
Do you prefer set-neck or bolt-on?
What kind of pickups do you want? (soapbar, humbucker, single coil or combination)
Do you want a fixed bridge or tremolo?
If you go tremolo do you want locking hardware or standard HW?
What body shape and finishes do you like best ?(strat or gibson - two most commonly copied forms)
What other appointments do you like (dot, block or figured inlays, bindings on neck//body, see-thru finishes or solid colours)
Use these questions to help narrow down your ideal guitar and go from there!"
if i had 1500 to spend i'd probably go with a kevin bond signature V or a jackson stars V. theres a few on ebay. if you can find one used it'll save you a few hundred. hell theres a jackson for sale on here for like 700 which i think is a great deal.
I saw a scratch and dent RR5 in musicians friend for like 400 bucks, I so would have gotten it if I had enough money

as for guitar,

get a really good amp THEN get a guitar, and pretty much whatever you get will most likely sound good depending on what amp you got
I was considering carvin, but they basicly have 200 of similar shaped guitars, and 2 other ones that are ugly. Not to mention their pick ups are smaller than usually so you can't really swap them if you wanted to.
Just go to a guitar shop and look around and play some of the guitars till you find what you are looking for, do not worry about brand names just worry about finding the sound you want.
Dang, if i have that much money i can buy 10 awesome guitars no problem. Example to get are Ibanez RG 550, Ibanez S540 custom (i got one), Charvel guitars with awesome floyd, Ibanez LP copy (pre lawsuit), Ibanez Strat Copy (pre-lawsuit), Schecter Blackjack or C-1 Classic. All used, you can get all those plus more if you know what your doing.

I got all my guitar under 1k
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by Darkdevil725
Just go to a guitar shop and look around and play some of the guitars till you find what you are looking for, do not worry about brand names just worry about finding the sound you want.

Agree,,

It's the age old question asked many times, but it's all personal preference.

Go play as many guitars as you can, I personally like LTD/ESP guitars, but it may just sound wrong to you.

But agree about buying a guitar for $1,000.00 and buying an amp.

If you find a good buy on ebay for a s/h guitar, you get a much better guitar for the money spent.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.