Hi all!

I recently acquired some Swineshead pickups (namely the X-Bucker bridge and Condor neck) for my Ibanez RG570ex. First of they look terrific! Both covers are made out of rosewood and will look great next to my fretboard (also rosewood).

I've encountered a problem installing them though.
The damn things are taller than the Ibanez V pickups and so the neck pickup (the only one we've putting in) wont go any lower than about 2-3 mm above the ring mount (and I'm fairly sure the old one was a bit lower). I can go a little lower on one side but the black rubber thing that keeps the cables together (pick provided), is also bigger than the stock one so on the side where the cables come out you cant go any lower.

This is really annoying because I haven't read anywhere that you'll have make the routing (if that's the word) deeper to make the pickups fit. Especially in such a common guitar as an RG570

Help needed!!

thx in advance UG.
Attachments:
Condor.JPG
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Last edited by tabs aint cats at Jun 4, 2008,
that's interesting, mine fitted fine in my rg470.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's pretty fucked up. Where the pickups the same size as the stock ones?

Help??
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Last edited by tabs aint cats at Jun 4, 2008,
Anyone?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Maybe try a shorter p-up height adjustment spring?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
I'm not sure that's gonna work but thanks for the tip!
MORE!
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Quote by tabs aint cats
That's pretty fucked up. Where the pickups the same size as the stock ones?

Help??

i didn't measure them, but they fitted with no bother, from what i could see, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?