So yeah, some challenged me to a bass off today. I need ideas, should i just play cool riffs i know or improvise something?
Everything. Just blow everyone away.

EDIT: By the way, I've never even heard of a bass off until now.
just do some beelzeboss shizzle, but dont fire lightning at them, ended badly in the film
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
I had one with my friend about a month after I started. I ended up playing the intro to NIB (the only actual song I knew at the time) really fast.

I would try something like (Anethesia) Pulling Teeth by Metallica, or some other song that sound hard.
~Insert Signature Here~
i was thinking of doing this because this dude i know keeps sayingi suck behind my back and it's starting to pi$$ me off
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
I've got a few Muse songs down at full speed, some Death Cab For Cutie, and some Vampire Weekend. There's alot of other stuff that I know, but It's mostly crappy root note stuff.
If your gonna do somthing as lame as a bass off, you should improv alot of it......

You stole my Overture
Take the high road and tell him your above all that melodrama.

One, it shows you are bit more mature and two it will irritate him more in the long run. Pissing contests are as attractive as they sound.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Get over it. Don't let a little asswipe bother you so much.

Agreed. If your going to have a bass off have it on friendly terms and just for the fun of it, not for UBER REVENGE and total demolition of some jackass who was talking behind your back. Get over it, you will have plenty of people talk behind your back.
Quote by soyeahimbored
Agreed. If your going to have a bass off have it on friendly terms and just for the fun of it, not for UBER REVENGE and total demolition of some jackass who was talking behind your back. Get over it, you will have plenty of people talk behind your back.

It's not like a bass off gets UBER REVENGE and afflicts total demolition anyways... it's like watching a retard trying to f*ck a doorknob.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's not like a bass off gets UBER REVENGE and afflicts total demolition anyways... it's like watching a retard trying to f*ck a doorknob.

Hey, SHUT UP about that!

God, you never forget do you, NEVER ever forget!

Christ man!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I really need to get into chat more often....

And to the TS..if you are serious and despite the advice, want to go forward with your slug fest, there's always that sticky about songs to learn. But really, you're so much better than that and will follow our advice..right?
I agree that bass offs are only to be used for good. But, they are fun in a friendly enviroment. You're already doing it though, so start off with happy birthday. He'll be very confused.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ya, at first I thought this was like a friend, but if its someone who thinks you suck...

...dont even give them the time of day, thats what they want.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Pfft...

What's with all the "no don't do it, music isn't about competition" bull****? Music is as much about HAVING FUN as it is about creativity and art. + he already said he'd do it so there's really no turning back if he doesn't want to be called a wimp

Nothing impresses people more when you play a cool head-bopping little tune and say "oh it's just something I wrote the other night". I also suggest to mix it up, give it variety. Throw in a little slap-n-pop, a little tapping. Basically show him all your trumps, give him the best you got but DON'T get all Wooten on his ass and start wanking. Seriously, you'll only impress other wankers with that.
I have the perfect solution:
Play a 'C' whole note.
Then descend in a major scale, when each note is a quarter note.
While descending, sing the notes aswell, with those words:
"You're - an - ass - hole".
If you want that extra 'wow' feeling keep singing the "hole" for two whole bars.

No need to thank me .
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Gibsocam
I had one with my friend about a month after I started. I ended up playing the intro to NIB (the only actual song I knew at the time) really fast.

I would try something like (Anethesia) Pulling Teeth by Metallica, or some other song that sound hard.

OMG we have the same avatar. Also, if you have to do the bloody thing (don't), then impro it, do some slap with a wah, or just three-finger the **** out of the minor pentatonic until you realise the tools you both look.
I have the perfect solution:
Play a 'C' whole note.
Then descend in a major scale, when each note is a quarter note.
While descending, sing the notes aswell, with those words:
"You're - an - ass - hole".
If you want that extra 'wow' feeling keep singing the "hole" for two whole bars.

No need to thank me .

definately do that nd record in send it 2 me