Poll: which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one?
AL-2000
14 48%
G-400
15 52%
Voters: 29.
So this is the last thread im going to make about this before I buy, because im pretty sure everyone gets tired of this question over and over. Ive decided to buy a new guitar cause the squier i had fell when i was walking down the stairs. The gig bag snapped and fell all the way down the flight of stairs and broke, literally broke. This happened yesterday, and Ive been deciding to buy a new one for a while, and this was pretty much the last straw. So i've decided on an epiphone sg g-400 i'll post the link at the bottom. But i always keep going back to the agiles, for some odd reason i cant stop looking at them and ive always wanted one. But the owner of a guitar store thats near my house that i go to all the time, tells me that if im going to buy a new guitar, that i should buy something that i know i can resell without loosing a lot of money. Hes told me that i should invest in a brand name because if i need to sell it, ill be able to sell it faster than a brand that isnt as popular. He also said "if you spend like 200 on a guitar, eventually you have to spend on changing minor things like the pickups, the tuners, the knobs, etc, and a 200 guitar cost you almost 200 to repair it, so you end up paying more." But he said 200 dollars isnt bad for a guitar nonetheless. Now what he said makes sense, so ive been thinking twice about buying an agile. I was planning on buying an AL-2000 in black/gold, but after listening to his speech, i just said i'd go with the g-400. So what do any of you think about this, and which one should i get? ive tried out the g-400 and its pretty good, but the agile i havent, but many people say they're on par with high end epiphones and some gibsons. My styles are pretty much classic rock, hard rock, and metal. Here's the links.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000blkgd.html (AL-2000)

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=5506 (G-400)

Also, i will put up a poll for easier decision, but explanations are what i'm looking more for. Thanks for any feedback.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Al-2000 it will be better for less $$$$
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
i voted G-400, but if you wanna get an Agile, go for it. It's probably the same overall quality in the long run, and stores don't generally pay much for guitars anyway.
this sounds about right, i mean he does own a store, he probably wants me to buy one of his. I dont know, im still kinda meh?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I would go for the G-400. I'm assuming you can try the g-400 before you buy? Because that's always a factor... but don't buy a guitar you haven't played. I can't stress that enough. Try both. Get the one that feels/sounds better. Plus resell value, epi would probably get a bit more.
Quote by biased644
Plus resell value, epi would probably get a bit more.

This is exactly what the shop owner told me, and its the only thing that made sense to me, everyone know epiphone, and it would definitely be easier for resale.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
epiphone g-400s suck to me agile are the best bang 4 the buck i have al-2000 and it does everythign a gibson can do in fact it mightbe better than some gibsons and its 200 bucks go 4 the agile trust me!!!!!!!! ur ears will be blessed by the god of rock
Quote by biased644
I would go for the G-400. I'm assuming you can try the g-400 before you buy? Because that's always a factor... but don't buy a guitar you haven't played. I can't stress that enough. Try both. Get the one that feels/sounds better. Plus resell value, epi would probably get a bit more.

Except this isnt' a five grand investment, it's 200 $. While that is a lot, it's not something that you will nutkick yourself for forever.

Firstly, he owns a store. He wants your money. He may actually enjoy your company, like you, etc, but if he can get money to pay his bills I doubt he wuoldn't since he isn't really doing anything wrong.

Second, the agile is an amazing guitar. I own one, so I may be slightly biased, but here's my opinion as unbiased as I can make it:

The neck is comfortable, the fret access sucks both of my nuts and some other guy's too. I can barely play the 22nd fret comfortably, and standing I have to stretch my hand a ridiculous amount. Maybe I'm not that good, or I'm not used to playing standing, but it's a factor.

The pickups are amazing, the neck one is very bassy/jazzy. It has very nice clean tones. The bridge pup is much brighter and twangier, if you wanna play twangy stuff clean then there ya go, but it does metal and rock stuff very, very nicely. I do plan on replacing them as they're not the world's best, but they are def good and would last if you didn't wanna mod your guitar yet. I plan on modding simply cause I have massive GAS over almost everything I see nowadays.

The pickup selector was faulty when I got it. Sometimes after swithcing one of the pups didn't work. I contacted Rondo, within a week I had a new switch completely free of charge. This was a very simple swap too, you can almost def do it yourself. I could still practice too, cause you just needed to flick it around a bunch for it to kick in again.

The body is solid, with a very nice finish. Top quality stuff. The other parts are very good quality (the T-o-M bridge, tuners, etc). It's heavy as a bitch though, but very comfortable sitting and standing (just heavy).

The truss rod came set up for me, though yours might not.

Anyways, that's my blurb on the AL-2000, I love mine, don't regret buying it for a second.

tl;dr AL-2000 = Great, SG = not as great.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware