I go around the thread often just reading. I read a thread today about tapping and everyone gives the same explanation. Practice, which is logical, but this thread is about sharing your techniques that you use to get your skills to that higher level?

I was just wonder everyone different practice routines they do?
i tap with my middle finger so i don to transfer the pick or anything. it makes it alot easier to go from chugging to tapping
I tap with my middle finger out of habit from playing guitar but I've been trying to throw my index in to the mix....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There's a link to a Technique of the Month in the FAQ. Can people PLEASE use it?

Thats a technique, he is asking how everyone practices it and or does it. He is just curious on knowing the differences people do.

Anywho, I am still learning how to tap so I have nothing for you.
Quote by soyeahimbored
Thats a technique, he is asking how everyone practices it and or does it. He is just curious on knowing the differences people do.

Anywho, I am still learning how to tap so I have nothing for you.

But it contains the technique I use, so is therefore valid.
See.. but the thing is I wasn't only looking for your way of doing it there are several ways people practice, does that mean that your way is always the right way. Every person learns differently, therefore that wouldn't mean that your exercises aren't exactly what I was looking for.

So, next time instead of being a complete dick about the organization of the forum, read it in depth.

Sorry I'm sure that was unnecessary, but I believe it is wrong when you treat people like that, especially when I see the same questions on here 10 times a day.
Quote by Nikka2609

So, next time instead of being a complete dick about the organization of the forum, read it in depth.

Fair enough, I was tired.

Sorry I'm sure that was unnecessary, but I believe it is wrong when you treat people like that, especially when I see the same questions on here 10 times a day.

And it was unnecessary. The FAQ is there to stop all the same questions popping up. It took a fair few people a long time to get it sorted, and it's kind of a slap in the face when it just gets blatantly disregarded. Another hint- the Technique of the month thread isn't just there as pure instruction- it's meant to be a discussion of the technique as well.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i tap with my SHINING FINGER!! +1 to whoever gets it

i got it
Quote by watchingmefall
I use my index, middle and ring finger in my right hand, got that from seeing too many Stu Hamm videos.

You can see how I tap in my video in my sig (the song Polaris)

I watched that video. My tapping is essentially just like that
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Use the index, middle and ring finger on my left hand and on my right I usually use my index and middle, got into bad practice of not using my middle finger.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
And watchingmefall,

Those videos are pretty good

and yeah to stay on topic, my tapping techniques lazy
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
I generally use my index and ring only to tap. I'll use my middle finger as support for the other fingers if I want more strength. Especially if I want to alternate between tapped notes and tapped harmonics.
Playing Mr. Big - Addicted to that Rush and Stu Hamm - Surely the Best are what I use for keeping my tapping technique up. Other than that, I just throw it in improvising solos and don't really practice. Though I was blinded when I started playing and really mastered tapping and harmonic techniques before learning how to keep a solid groove.
Is there something wrong with using your little finger?
No one is mentioning that finger and i'm wondering if I shouldn't use it.
My tapping sucks, but, in my defense I can never find anything I would like to do with it except throw in a random note by fret 20 (tapped by my forefinger) during an improvised solo every once and a while.
I'm not intended for virtuosity.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Is there something wrong with using your little finger?
No one is mentioning that finger and i'm wondering if I shouldn't use it.

It's a matter of preference and what works best for you. I've seen quite a few bassists tap with all four fingers. I find the strength is lacking and with my string set-up, I need to use more strength for tapping to make it cut through