I need help choosing a replacement for my Tele bridge. it doesnt have enough low end and sounds kinda shrill. it needs more punch. I need a pickup that handle the OD and distortion but also go to cleans in a snap. i've been browsing through various pickups on musciansfriend but dont know how each one really sounds. btw i need cleans for worship (but with a little boost).
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
What amp do you have?

The tele bridge sound is kind of its trademark tone.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by marktuazon
I need help choosing a replacement for my Tele bridge. it doesnt have enough low end and sounds kinda shrill. it needs more punch. I need a pickup that handle the OD and distortion but also go to cleans in a snap. i've been browsing through various pickups on musciansfriend but dont know how each one really sounds. btw i need cleans for worship (but with a little boost).

Shot in the dark but have you considered maybe an EC midboost circuit?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by marktuazon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280232581209&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018

I'm selling one on Ebay now, if your interested
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

im using a valveking 112

edit: about the t-59 i heard that the tele "bite" is kinda muddy. could you describe the way it sounds both driven and clean?
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Last edited by marktuazon at Jun 4, 2008,
The thing is with the t-59 is that it sounded too similar too my SD SH-6 in my Explorer. I wanted the classic tele 'twang', so I switched it with a regular american single-coil.

As for muddiness, it sounded clearer than my Explorer with the same high gain settings. However, this may be attributed to the Alder vs. Mahogany bodies, since Alder is much brighter.

On clean settings it also sounded similar to my SH-6, thick. Kinda having a brighter, clearer neck pickup in the bridge. Although, the SH-6 had a bit more treble.

With that being said, I don't know too much about the dynamics of the sound since I switched to a single-coil shorty after I bought my Tele used. But it sounded just as hot as the SH-6, that I know.

My amp is a Vox AD30VT by the way, with a Tungsol 12ax7 preamp tube.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.