So i've managed somehow to save up £200 or so and I'm thinking of adding a few pedals to my current set-up.

At the moment I only have: Russian Big Muff, Jekyll and Hyde, Digitech Whammy

I was thinking maybe a mxr micro amp to boost the signal for the the tone drop with my whammy, and a delay pedal, but seeing as I have a nice amount of money I'm open to suggestions.

My main guitar is a 3p-up Eastwood Airline and I play through a Fender Twin Reverb.
I play bluesy-rock like Black Keys/White Stripes, general rock/slightly spacey liek Placebo/Portishead and a more indie-ish rock sound like Interpol.

So any specific pedal suggestions? Also any orders to put them in would help...

Cheers

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
eq's can always be useful for shaping your sound.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
EQ - MXR 10-Band I hear is good
Delay - Boss DD6 I also hear good things about
Phaser/Flanger - You didn't mention one of these, but it's really cool for that "spaced out" sound you said about.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I was thinking maybe a tremolo pedal or a sustainer also, would these be beneficial or irrelevant (more about the sustainer)?

for eq get a fish and chips its cheap and reliable

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Bidinski
I was thinking maybe a tremolo pedal or a sustainer also, would these be beneficial or irrelevant (more about the sustainer)?

A Compressor/Sustainer is a very very useful tool if you know how to use one well. Only problem with a lot of them is that they tend to be quite noisy due to the nature of how they work, maybe an idea to get a noise gate with it. The only problem with that is that it'd eat your budget with those 2 pedals without a huge difference in tone, or the versatility of the other pedals I mentioned above.

's all preference though!

OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Bidinski

As already stated, compression/sustainers are cool, but you definately do need a noise gate. I tried out the EH Soul Preacher Nano at Guitar Center today, and it was noise out the hizouse. I probably had more gain going on than you would for White Stripes, but still.

How about a chorus pedal? Those sound excellent through Fender Twins.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-CE20-Chorus-Ensemble-Twin-Pedal?sku=151426
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
i'd go for a TB box for the whammy, cost practically nothing.

i think delay is for you EHX memoryman series?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
sorry for hi-jacking your thread mate, but i see you own an eastwood guitar and im planning on getting one...but the controls are on top of the pups and i was wondering if they get on the way of your playing or something?...thank you...and sorry again
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Only thing I can think to add are a nice wah pedal (vox makes an excellent one), a chorus (boss' stereo chorus is nice), and either a nice flange/phaser and a volume pedal (for some nice volume swells).
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
No they don't get in my way at all, but the middle pick-up was annoying during palm-muting so i lowered it and its fine now,

Thanks for the pedal suggestions, any specific models I should think about for phaser/flanger?
...And sorry if it's obvious but what's a TB box?

Last edited by Bidinski at Jun 5, 2008,
I'll ask again now it's the evening... can you tell me what a TB box is?

it basically converts any pedal to true bypass, so your whammy wont suck tone when not in use
Ah great, Do you attach the whammy in a kind of effects loop from it then?

pretty much

the signal either goes straight from input to output, of out the send and the return goes to the output. you connect the pedal inbetween the sent/return