Page 1 of 3
Hey guys,

I've lurked around here for a bit. I had taken a break from guitar for a bit but recently started playing again and re-tweaking my amps. I did a couple brief recordings of some new material I've been messing around with.

Here's a recent youtube demonstration of the Quickrod and Nitro with one particular riff I've been hammering out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaqU36oLDIQ

Here's a recording of the same riff/setup mic'ed with a singl SM57 on one speaker (and played in correct time, haha):

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=358837&songID=6605532

Rock on

-Windsen

***Edit:

here's some updated clips I re-recorded today b/c my first ones sucked:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=358837&songID=6631258
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=358837&songID=6630795

also hosted here if soundclick is stalling like it has been:

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=1632
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=1631

Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Last edited by riffhead at Jun 13, 2008,
Hey Widsen. Erock showed me your clip of the Nitro and the QR, I'm amazed. I want the Nitro so much haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Hey dude. Thanks a lot. Eric is a cool guy and a monster player. The Nitro is a great amp.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
hey bro, sounds great man! Monster player yourself my friend, your clips are what fueled my gas.

you should post the drums version too, sounds great man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sick.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Sounds a tad thin, but that could be down to recording quality. I like it otherwise. Something else to add to my GAS list
awesome. those sound kickass. we need splawn dealers here now. both together were especially awesome.

would it be rude to say that the difference in tone between the two is a bit like the difference i get when i switch from rough to smooth mode on my savage se? erock is gonna kill me...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow amzing. Great playing great tone .
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
I now want a Quickrod . That's was sweet man. Both in stereo sounded great.

How much do Splawns go for? I'm not buying one, just curious.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Yngwi3

Probably should have just done that in the first place.

That's not a bad price. A lot cheaper than the Diezel I'm dreaming of.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
thanks a lot for the kind words guys! i love these amps.

Quote by treflip
Sounds a tad thin, but that could be down to recording quality. I like it otherwise. Something else to add to my GAS list

thin is the last word i'd use to describe these amps. what kind of speakers are you listening through. i am no recording expert...these were done in a bedroom with a single sm57...but listening to the actual recording (not the youtube video), the tone sounds thick (imo), not thin.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
i just switched back and forth on the youtube video between the quickrod, the nitro, and stereo... and the stereo one is

i like the nitro the second best, since it's way more focused in the low-mids, while the quickrod shows off more high-mids. i guess i'm more of a low-mids person

awesome stuff, i might just put your stuff on the ipod...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Dave_Mc
awesome. those sound kickass. we need splawn dealers here now. both together were especially awesome.

would it be rude to say that the difference in tone between the two is a bit like the difference i get when i switch from rough to smooth mode on my savage se? erock is gonna kill me...

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
The more splawn nitro clips I hear the more and more I want one. Just wish some place around me had them so I could try it my self. Nice riffs, that track with the drums was sick.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
thanks static86 =)

Quote by UnsignedRecords
i just switched back and forth on the youtube video between the quickrod, the nitro, and stereo... and the stereo one is

i like the nitro the second best, since it's way more focused in the low-mids, while the quickrod shows off more high-mids. i guess i'm more of a low-mids person

awesome stuff, i might just put your stuff on the ipod...

yea, each amp sounds great on their own but once you put them together and hear how nicely they compliment each other it's like total br00talz heaven, haha.

thanks for the kind words.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Nice clips and playing Windsen! I might sell the Powerball and get a Nitro!! I was set on a quickrod but dang.....
thanks dude. just a heads up though if you're going from an engl to a splawn. the two amps have very different types of gain and will sound very different from each other. the nitro will have tons of gain but it's not the overly saturated type of gain the powerball has. the nitro's gain is very clear and focused...very tight.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Quote by Erock503

oh yeah, fwiw, i think i preferred the QR slightly, though obviously both is the way to go...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea, some days i prefer one amp over the other. it just depends on how i'm feeling/playing that day. both killer amps.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Quote by riffhead
yea, some days i prefer one amp over the other. it just depends on how i'm feeling/playing that day. both killer amps.

Just run em in stereo all the time man.

I have Erocks Qrod. Sounds amazing when blended with the Dragon.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Just run em in stereo all the time man.

I have Erocks Qrod. Sounds amazing when blended with the Dragon.

i usually do run them in stereo. but sometime i click the a/b switch just to go back and forth and find myself favoring one over the other from time to time. but yea, they sound the best running together.

did eric get rid of his QR or his he letting you borrow it?
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Quote by riffhead
i usually do run them in stereo. but sometime i click the a/b switch just to go back and forth and find myself favoring one over the other from time to time. but yea, they sound the best running together.

did eric get rid of his QR or his he letting you borrow it?

I can't do that. I always adjust em where they sound best together, usually they both sound like an ass when singled out.

He got rid of it...I had to get rid of a roadking for it though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by riffhead

yeah, i can understand that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh my god that new clip sounds totally sweet.

Is that something you wrote as well? Coz it's really cool.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
That sounds really, really good. Nice riffs too, you should do a clip of them both together for some lead stuff next. Unless you've done it already and I've managed to somehow miss it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Niiice
You should write a whole song with the tone in mind because theat would be epic

New clip sounds amazing.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
br00talz
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by timi_hendrix
That sounds really, really good. Nice riffs too, you should do a clip of them both together for some lead stuff next. Unless you've done it already and I've managed to somehow miss it.

haha i would if i could but i am no lead player by any means. i wish i were though. i do have a sub-par recording that i'm not completely happy with (bad playing, guitars out of tune, etc...) that has some leads stuff from both amps separately then together: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=358837&songID=6352335

going to be re-doing that clip soon.

Quote by Yngwi3
Niiice
You should write a whole song with the tone in mind because theat would be epic

New clip sounds amazing.

thanks dude! once i get something completed i will definately post it up for you guys.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Page 1 of 3