if a song is in the key of D and tuned down a half step , do u create a solo starting on the 11fret position or the 10th?

And if you tune down a half step doesnt that change the notes of the chord etc. so how would you still be in key if you played starting at the 11 fret?
Quote by Unreal T
if a song is in the key of D and tuned down a half step , do u create a solo starting on the 11fret position or the 10th?

And if you tune down a half step doesnt that change the notes of the chord etc. so how would you still be in key if you played starting at the 11 fret?

11th fret of which string? There are these things called OCTAVES which lets you have the same note on varying places on the guitar and the are multiple frets that give you the exact same pitch....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yes I know that. I am talking about the SONG being TUNED a HALF STEP FLAT and in key of D. If I want to create a solo over the song that is a half step flat then the 11th fre on the low E string would be the D and the rest of the D minor scale would continue. But I am confused on whether to start at the 11th fret or drop it down a half step to sound in key with the open chords.
^If your guitar is tuned half a step down, the 11th fret on the low E string is a D. So, a D minor scale could be played starting at that fret. Remember though, theres plenty of other D notes on the fretboard and a solo in D minor doesnt necessarily have to start on a D note.
It doesn't matter.

You can start a solo on ANY note, however usually it'd be a note from a scale that you chose based on the key of your song. Solos are about NOTES, not positions.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com