i'm going to start a new project by building a les paul but i want to build a couple of effects into the guitar. A Boss FZ-5 & a Boss AW3.

Does anyone know how it is done?, how to power them? how to wire it all up?

Thanks
You just wire a pedal in before the output jack on the guitar,

you will most likely to need to do some routing to fit the boards inside.
They are powered by batteries, so easy access will need to be established.

*edit* just realised that my post wasn't really that helpful*
In essence, your removing the jack from the guitar, and the input jack of the pedal, and connecting them. Then just using the output jack of the pedal as the output for the guitar. Its fairly simple, just make sure there's enough room, and you can get to your battery easy enough
you wont get 2 boss pedals in a LP without serious routing
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Put in a delay that lets you oscillate the pitch by changing delay speed... That would be awesome onboard a guitar.

Good luck making this look attractive, or at least practical.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
the wiring would consist of taken off the output wire to the guitar jack, and attach that to the input of the pedal. You will also probably wanna change your jack to a stereo jack, and connect the negative of this to the sleeve I believe, so it will only drain the battery when a cable it plugged in. Also make sure that the ground from the input cable is also attached to the same ground as the rest of your guitar I.E either directly to the output jack, or on top of a pot, etc...)

You will also probably want to take off the LED, it would be kinda unnecessary and would just drain more of the battery. You could also rig a push pull pot or something, or just add a switch to turn it off and on
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
look at how the onboard effects are wired on gutiarfetish.com they sell all kinds and have instructions/diagrams, just dig around there a little bit, should help some at least.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.