ok ay... sooo this is my first bass ( a standard 4 strings streamer rockbass by warwick ) and the 6,7,8, and 9 frets of my E string are buzing really badly, what should i do considering that my bass is used and that it has still the strings that originaly came with the bass.... and how much could this cost me to : get this fixed/ change my strings ( i would change them all in the same time )
Last edited by cyberrem at Jun 4, 2008,
I would change the strings first. Yes all at the same time. Try a heavier gauge you have now. Some times lighter gauge strings tend to buzz out. I would try to set the height of the saddles to no more than 4/32 and no less than 2/32. I would also look down the neck from the butt of the bass to the headstock. If there is any curve you need a luthier or professional repairman.
Quote by Herotime
I would change the strings first. Yes all at the same time. Try a heavier gauge you have now. Some times lighter gauge strings tend to buzz out. I would try to set the height of the saddles to no more than 4/32 and no less than 2/32. I would also look down the neck from the butt of the bass to the headstock. If there is any curve you need a luthier or professional repairman.

String buzz like this is down to neck relief. Not strings. Curve is necessary for a fully intonated bass. A twisted neck is a dead neck.