Ok, I just downloaded some random tab from Beethoven, Id heard the piece before, but a LONG time ago, and I came across this song. Is this song even physically possible to play on the guitar??? I would love to, but it just doesnt look possible.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yes....i learned how to play a few parts a while back. Classical guitar is not something to get used to in one day though.
Well......I have big balls.
Thats beautiful, I got a different version though. The tab says "Moonlight Sonata (Third Movement)" and under that "Sonata in c# minor, opus 27 no. 2" Is THIS one playable?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Thats beautiful, I got a different version though. The tab says "Moonlight Sonata (Third Movement)" and under that "Sonata in c# minor, opus 27 no. 2" Is THIS one playable?

oh it'd be incredibly tough but possible. basically if you can play the 3rd movement of it there shouldn't be anything you can't do on a guitar (unless of course you spent 5 years of your life learning to play that and only that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jBhYjgInY

there, third movement on guitar. enjoy.
Last edited by z4twenny at Jun 4, 2008,
imo you should just learn a different classical piece. Its not suited for guitar and there a tons of beautiful pieces that are.
Yeah the first movement would be cake, but the third probably nearly impossible
Thanks guys, well, I know its not possible for me at the moment, so I'll leave that alone for a while. Is there any easier classical piece I could learn? I only have an electric, so that'll have to do. If you want, I'll ask in the MT music recccomendation thread, but I already have a thread open, so would any of you be willing to reccomend something?

Oh, and z, is there a torrent of the new Zen of Screaming anywhere? I cant find it if there is.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by z4twenny
^ i haven't looked for it, i'm sure there is but i couldn't say where.

Okay. Thanks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Bouree from the first lute suite by bach is a familiar catchy piece (bwv996). There are tons of beautiful peices out there, get a lower level RCM book if you want a bunch of them.
Quote by Captain Garry
Bouree from the first lute suite by bach is a familiar catchy piece (bwv996). There are tons of beautiful peices out there, get a lower level RCM book if you want a bunch of them.

Ok, I'll look that up. Thanks, I'll have to do that.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

^ check the link i provided up above. its a guy playing the 3rd movement, or at least part of it on an electric.
Quote by z4twenny
^ check the link i provided up above. its a guy playing the 3rd movement, or at least part of it on an electric.

Holy crap! That guys insane! Well, I know what to expect if I try to play it.....

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by z4twenny

I meant transcribing it completely, bass notes, chords, everything....
I mean, the music sheet is there, but figuring out how to play it must be the most difficult thing ever (for classical guitar at least)...
You can get a decent classical guitar for about 200$ so save up or as for one for christmas or something. But Andres Segovia has a few easy pieces, also check out some renaissance music too.
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Why would you ever want to play a piece written exclusively for piano on guitar though? They are completely different instruments and I think you'd ruin the feel of at least the first movement if you switched to an instrument that wasn't meant to play things like that.
Quote by demigod90234
You can get a decent classical guitar for about 200$ so save up or as for one for christmas or something. But Andres Segovia has a few easy pieces, also check out some renaissance music too.

200 dollars is not near enough to get a "decent" classical guitar. Try more like 600-700. Also Segovia wasn't a composer, he was a performer.
Quote by Shackman10
Why would you ever want to play a piece written exclusively for piano on guitar though? They are completely different instruments and I think you'd ruin the feel of at least the first movement if you switched to an instrument that wasn't meant to play things like that.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The piano music of Issac Albeniz is often played on guitar, and some of the pieces get a completely new personality when switched over. You've probably heard this piece before http://youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A, it sounds incredibly guitaristic and is one of the most famous pieces in classical guitar repertoire. Well it was originally written for piano!
Quote by z4twenny
oh it'd be incredibly tough but possible. basically if you can play the 3rd movement of it there shouldn't be anything you can't do on a guitar (unless of course you spent 5 years of your life learning to play that and only that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jBhYjgInY

there, third movement on guitar. enjoy.

this actually re-assures you cannot do the 3rd movement on the guitar. He's clearly playing with a backing track that has both a 2nd guitar and a bass.

and it sounds like crap when done as a cheesy 80s metal piece imo. Beethoven would be crying.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I have a cheap yamaha classical style guitar and i absolutly love the tone from it. Friends of mine that play also say "holy **** this thing is awsome" when they play it. Its more that suitable for learning classical songs. I don't know why you have to spend 600$ but to each his own i guess.
Quote by UtBDan
this actually re-assures you cannot do the 3rd movement on the guitar. He's clearly playing with a backing track that has both a 2nd guitar and a bass.

and it sounds like crap when done as a cheesy 80s metal piece imo. Beethoven would be crying.

meh, i actually liked it. granted you are right, beethoven probably would be crying over it, unless of course he was open minded about it.
meh, i actually liked it.
Same here, it's an awesome peice of music and will sound good no matter what instruments it is played on. But so much is lost by playing it on a distorted guitar, like dynamics. No matter how open minded beethoven is, it's not going to bring back his beautiful dynamics.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
No matter how open minded beethoven is, it's not going to bring back his beautiful dynamics.

this is quite true.
The third movement is playable using 6 fingers tapping on a Classical guitar, or on a bass.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by /-\liceNChains
I have a cheap yamaha classical style guitar and i absolutly love the tone from it. Friends of mine that play also say "holy **** this thing is awsome" when they play it. Its more that suitable for learning classical songs. I don't know why you have to spend 600$ but to each his own i guess.

you either found a gem or you have no idea what a good nylon string guitar sounds like
Quote by Ænimus Prime
it's not going to bring back his beautiful dynamics.
To be fair, no living person has heard the piece performed by Beethoven...

Edit: Upon listening to the metal version, it sounds good as an island, that is, as its own piece.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Jun 5, 2008,
To be fair, no living person has heard the piece performed by Beethoven...
True, but what is your point?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
its possible on bass for those who actually care i wouldnt want to even try it on guitar it would be too much of a hassle without the string spacing and two handed tapping
I am me. Live with it.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The piano music of Issac Albeniz is often played on guitar, and some of the pieces get a completely new personality when switched over. You've probably heard this piece before http://youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A, it sounds incredibly guitaristic and is one of the most famous pieces in classical guitar repertoire. Well it was originally written for piano!

I read somewhere he was actually trying to emulate a guitar when he wrote that, and was pleased with the guitar version.
Call me Batman.
^ when i write piano pieces i usually think of it like a classical guitar too..... thats prolly not a good idea in the long run :-/