I really like Nevermore, and they have awesome riffs and a beastly sound, but I just think Warrel Dane makes it sound weird. Hes just too whiny for the band in my opinion. If they had someone who sounds like Chuck Billy in testaments newest album The Formation of Damnation I think that would be cool, but I never really liked Warrel.
I love Nevermore,especialy Warrels voice though it took awhile for it to grow on me. His demented clean vocals are creepy and fit nevermore atmosphere perfectly if you ask me. Jeff Loomis is definitely one of the best shredders around, he does very tastefully.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

if you like nevermore listen to Jag Panzer, chris broderick's old band. they got some cra****ingzy stuff

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Warrel Dane is a million times better then the horrible Chuck Billy.

The vocals on This Godless Endeavor? Especially the ending? Pure perfection.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
second that on TGE
i really like the vox..they're unique compared to most other metal bands
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Nevermore kicks my ass. i disagree with TS on Dane's voice though, i didn't really like it at first but it grew on me.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
they are definatly the best modern "metal" bands out there right now. and it takes alot for me to say that since im your stereotypical dreamtheater/prog elitist. i love the 7 string stuff though and there is at least somewhat of a melody. its not just drop c, palm muted triplet shennanigans. i also like how the song structures are kind of different from the "normal" metal structure but then when they do something conventional like the "heart collector" it sounds awsome.
Quote by HIM%(^
they are definatly the best modern "metal" bands out there right now. and it takes alot for me to say that since im your stereotypical dreamtheater/prog elitist. i love the 7 string stuff though and there is at least somewhat of a melody. its not just drop c, palm muted triplet shennanigans. i also like how the song structures are kind of different from the "normal" metal structure but then when they do something conventional like the "heart collector" it sounds awsome.

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one