After i watched this video, i felt like a wanted to go to the store and buy a mac right away. You can plug your guitar in to you computer and jam with the tracks that you lay down. So can you get garage band for windows somehow because i don't want to get a mac just for that. I have a really nice HP so thats why.

Heres the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-rLy0CWc4&feature=related

John mayer is doing the guitar playing which makes me want it even more.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
ew garage band

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by -Blue-
Nope. Shell out for a mac You won't regret it, take it from a Mac user.

should i just get a cheaper mac just more recording and stuff??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Quote by -Blue-

That.

I love garage band. I used to do direct input but its great for recording through a mic too. I used to practice with the drums on it allllllllllll the time.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
just got something like audacity, all you have to do is run your guitar into an amp and then into the computer from a headphone jack or something

theres also the option of going a more professional way than the headphone jack and getting something in the way of digital effects that allow you to run yourself into a computer like a POD

either should be cheaper than getting a mac, if you want it for the tracks already laid down just get a free computer drum machine and maybe add some midi instruments to the mix if u dont want to record multiple tracks
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Damn, that's an old video. And no, you need a mac, but the good news is, every mac comes with garageband! And the newest version is a thousand times better than that old thing he was using in the video.

Edit: be careful how cheap you go with a mac, because the more RAM and the better the CPU, the easier a time you'll have with a needy program like GB. A Mac Mini might not be enough if you run lots of other programs, but if you're frugal, it would stay nice and fast for only $600.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
would ebay be ok to look at mac's ??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
you can get better software for windows, its just a little pricy, but not nearly as much as a mac
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by Kevguy47
you can get better software for windows, its just a little pricy, but not nearly as much as a mac

Why does that matter?? I just want garage band.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Quote by zaffie8808
Why does that matter?? I just want garage band.

a) Garageband is Mac OSX only.
b) There are better software than Garageband, which is less than the price require to get the Mac (which will come with Garageband)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Can you recommend some software for windows that is similar to garageband?? im looking for software like garageband but a mac is too pricy for me
I use cubase SX3 for PC, but i really wish i hadn't killed my mac because logic 8 is brilliant.

Garageband is mac-only. It comes with iLife, which is like a version of microsoft office with more creative applications like photo editors instead of word. but its for mac only. lol.

Imo if you're not willing to pay for a mac and get garageband, get cubase or protools (very VERY expensive) for windows.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Imo if you're not willing to pay for a mac and get garageband, get cubase or protools (very VERY expensive) for windows.

OR, get an older copy of logic. anything upto 5.5 for windows, i appreciate its a few versions behind but its still a good bit of kit. i use 5.2 and it does everything i need. you can still use newer vst's and vsti's.
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
OR, get an older copy of logic. anything upto 5.5 for windows, i appreciate its a few versions behind but its still a good bit of kit. i use 5.2 and it does everything i need. you can still use newer vst's and vsti's.

oh yeah, i forgot about that i might even install logic 5.5, as a temporary replacement to 7.whatever i had on my mac when i crapped out the power supply (replacement G3 power supplies are rare because its such an old computer, but it worked so well despite its age)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
oh yeah, i forgot about that i might even install logic 5.5, as a temporary replacement to 7.whatever i had on my mac when i crapped out the power supply (replacement G3 power supplies are rare because its such an old computer, but it worked so well despite its age)

also i prefer it to cubase too. just feels a bit more user friendly... hmmm friendly blue screen :p
Thank you please.
I use Adobe Audition currently, works for what I do.

But Garageband is SICKK

There is a program for windows called Mixcraft that is simaliar to garageband
God.... dont buy a Mac just to do that, pretty much any seqencer will let you jam down to tracks, you can install 'Audacity' for free, just import a tune, and play to that, i assume you have some kind of guitar interface, if not... you could get one cheap, like a toneport. If you computer is fine, keep it.
Quote by -Blue-

lulz.

Just get some decent recording software. Garage band is very good, but it's still nowhere near the stuff you pay for.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by zaffie8808
should i just get a cheaper mac just more recording and stuff??

I picked up a 500mhz G3 iMac for £20 off ebay, put in a 120gb Hardrive, added more RAM and picked up iLife 05 with garageband for under a tenner or something like that, and use it solely as a recording computer and it works like a treat! Well worth it to have a dedicated machine for video and music editing for so cheap
I am switching to a mac for school, and I will just install office on it.... im switching because my pro tools will just plain run better on a mac, as well as reason and all of my other stuff. They were designed originally for mac, so why not buy one.....

Also, they are giving me a free IPod touch...which I will not turn down....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jun 5, 2008,
Mixcraft seem really cool! So can i plug in my guitar and play like Mayer does in that video??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
I really don't see what's so great about that video. You can do that with any recording software.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com