tatorbits
Beep Beep
667 IQ
Did SRV write his own lyrics?? Does anyone know?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Yes he did.

But like all blues artists, he covered many, many of his songs.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
tatorbits
Beep Beep
667 IQ
lol kk. i wasnt sure. cuz some of sings songs have such beautiful lyrics (along with crazy guitar. yeaaaah boii) and i swear if it wasnt him that wrote them i'd be soo mad lol

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
Well a lot of his songs were covers. Like "Texas Flood," one of his biggest songs. Its just the way of the blues, to take another musicians song, and just make it completely your own.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
Tin Pan Alley no, Dirty Pool yes. I'm not sure who wrote Tin Pan Alley.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Stratman54
318 IQ
Tin Pan Alley was written by Robert Geddins. I remember reading in his biography that he heard the song on a jukebox in a bar and asked the guy if he could use his tape recorder to record it or something like that.
guitarfan93
is guitarfan93
1,690 IQ
Quote by tatorbits
lol kk. i wasnt sure. cuz some of sings songs have such beautiful lyrics (along with crazy guitar. yeaaaah boii) and i swear if it wasnt him that wrote them i'd be soo mad lol

lolzerz boii. I'm just messing with ya, but yeah most of his songs are written by him.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....