Quote by mcrfobtai
The first one. But you should also change out the bridge, pots, wires, etc.

Agreed. The affinity strat is pretty good.
Quote by Ghold125

i dont need a tremelo

so this is what im gonna buy? should i add stuff?

wires http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_wiring
500k volume pot http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_knobs
bridge
pickup trembucker
pickguard
get a guitar that's a lil more quality instead of getting something that will only sound good when completely modified. get a MIM strat instead and modify THAT, you'll be much more satisfied in the end.

in fact, just the MIM strat stock will sound a LOT better than the squier.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by xfallchildx
i dont need a tremelo

but what you linked was only new saddles not a new bridge, which won't have the same effect.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
get a guitar that's a lil more quality instead of getting something that will only sound good when completely modified. get a MIM strat instead and modify THAT, you'll be much more satisfied in the end.

in fact, just the MIM strat stock will sound a LOT better than the squier.

maybe, but i dont really got a lot of money right now only about 450, and i dont think thats enough for a MIM plus the customization of it
most have tremlo's unless you find a fixed bridge strat used. plus, you don't have to use the trem bar, just take it out. you can get a new MIM HSS for $400. i am very happy with mine, although i did swap out the Humbucker for a Duncan for a noticed improvement.

;
dude, listen to me. get urself a MIM standard strat, SSS or HSS whichever YOU like more. and WAIT a lil while to mod it. it's not gonna sound like crap stock, it's gonna sound really good. but after you put it through a tube amp it'll sound heavenly. then after all that, upgrade your pups and electronics and it'll be PERFECT.

not talkin out my ass, this is what really is the smartest way to go about getting an awesome sound w/o selling your newborn.

oh and 311zoso, nice to see ya bud
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^I acually like the single coils in my standard strat but the HB left something to be desired. i am not familiar with the Squier line or their electronics. I can say that the MIM strat is a great value and well built. I would say 2004 or so and up. The most recent ones have the 'upgrade' which is a bigger bridge block, better tuners, bridge etc - can't remember.

also you can probably find a used one in the $300-$350 range. Check Craigslist if you can.

+1Slashrocks - i was in Mexico for a week and had UG withdrawl lol. tnx

;
no problemo, i was wonderin why i hadn't seen ya round. how was it? i really wanna go there one day soon and hit up all the vendors on the streets....YUM.....YUUUUUMMMM.

I MYSELF would get a MIM SSS strat (DEAD sexy)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH