I haven't got a name for this, but it's reminiscent of the poppier side of bands like Counting Crows or Del Amitri. The solo is very effects heavy, as always I recommend using RSE, as it just plain sounds better that way.
C4C as usual.
Attachments:
Schniff.zip
**** i was expecting metal

i was dissapointed.

no opinion but be more genre specific
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by British_Steal

i was dissapointed.

he seemed pretty clear to me....

but it was pretty cool. kinda generic but still a nice listen.

solo wasn't all that "effects heavy" but was still a decent solo. the Eb in the chorus sounds wrong. but though simple, this was some good work. I'd like to hear it with vocals.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by British_Steal

i was dissapointed.

Yeah man, I specified it was like "Counting Crows" and "Del Amitri", both kinda acoustic alternative bands. Sorry you were disappointed.
Quote by Fivebretz
Yeah man, I specified it was like "Counting Crows" and "Del Amitri", both kinda acoustic alternative bands. Sorry you were disappointed.

ya i didn't even see that haha. plus i would of had no idea who they were.

well i didn't enjoy it but i'm sure other people will
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
First off, I love the chord progression - very original. All joking aside though It sounds very good, in a sort of generic pop-rock way. Though simple, the guitar parts were effective. I get the feeling its the type of song I'd sing along to if I heard it in a car.