Alright,
I have a Squier P-bass. Nothing special or anything, but I figure when I get my new Duff Signature, I can paint my old one. Now I have no idea what I should do. I know all the steps, cause google is my friend . BUT, I have no idea what color(s) to do, or in a particular pattern. This will also be a progressive build. See keep with what I have now, and progressively add on to it.

My Ideas:
-That cool silver/mirror paint
...thats all I got :/

But any opinions, and visual aids, would be great.

EDIT:
Original Specs
Hardwood Body
Rosewood fretboard
Maple Neck
Standard PUPS
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Last edited by Gmp211 at Jun 4, 2008,
i like:

natural body, dark fretboard, black pickguard (black or silver hardware, depending)

Black everything, silver hardware

thats all now, wow. haha
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Nice, I'll definatly consider it. you also reminded me, Ill post up the specs of the stocker in the OP.
PM me to join
You can try that type of paint on the Ibanez XPT-700's. Changes colour depending on the angle you look at it. I never saw it myself (Nor do I know the price) but my friend is crazy for it.

There was also a post on here with a customized RG. They got a basic white RG, added Gold pickup rings, gold OFR, gold Tuners, gold locking nut, gold, pretty much every piece of hardware was gold. I thought it looked pretty good.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852243
There ya go. It actually got me interested in getting a white guitar...
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

^I do know what your talking about, but that paint is mad expensive. A good can of it would prob be like 200 a pint for decend automotive grade. Since i dont think they sell it in cans.
PM me to join
yea, id go for something a little, cheaper. haha, and now that you mentioned it, we WILL require pics of the transformation.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Well ya no kidding. I dont even care about a thread unless it has pics. I just need ideas to make these pictures possible.

I was thinking, even though it is very cliche, and EVH style paintjob.
IDK though, as I think about the silver mirrored thing, I kinda want it. But Im sure theres other ideas out there
PM me to join
Black with a Diamond Plate Pickgaurd. Theres an SG like that SOMEWHERE on this site. I keep losing the link though, sorry. But it looks awesome.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Quote by gold_ninja101
Black with a Diamond Plate Pickgaurd. Theres an SG like that SOMEWHERE on this site. I keep losing the link though, sorry. But it looks awesome.

Ahhh such a good idea too...

Im downloading photoshop right now, so maybe in a day or two I can have so photochops up.
PM me to join
I've been thinking about doing this to a strat, and so far I have a dark red stain, black pickguard, and gold hardware
use ur bass as a canvas- paint a picture/band logo/random design on it.

and cliche as it may be, i still think EVH paintjobs kick ass
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
haha yeah.

Here's one idea for a pick guard-

PM me to join