I wanted to know how i can record songs, put them on my computer, and upload them to myspace and such. I have the cable fto record it, and i use audacity, but it sucks, and it has it's own format. Is there free software i can use for this? Or what do I need?

thanks in advance
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
most people use audacity although i think it blows. You can download Acid Pro free trial and use that for 30 days. Its good and easy to use. Then i guess you have to buy or steal it. and also i heard recording with a microphone against your amp is better then plugging straight into the computer
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
yeah i'll download it however i need to. And i have a windowsm and how do i convert audacity files to audio files?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Audacity can export files as MP3s, but you something called Lame installed. Its what the name suggests.
use a digtal camera thats wat i do the sound wont be as great but like its still a way to record
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
what lame what? where can i find it?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by alaub1491
What cable do you have? Do you have any money to spend? And are you willing to download stuff illegally? What computer do you have? Mac or Windows or Linux?

TS, Audacity doesnt suck, I worked with it for a year without any problem at all and it all depends on what hardware you used with it.

Look at Tweak's Guide (its in my sig)

go to the audacity site and download the "LAME" encoder which is used to export as mp3 instead of wav. mp3 is needed for myspace songs to properly load.

download the encoder, put it in your plugin folder and then you should be asked to locate it when you run audacity.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 5, 2008,
Windows 98, on a laptop, not alot of memory, 1 usb out.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D