So here it is. My friends say it sounds like dream theater minus all the noodly soloing. I don't know how happy I am with how the guitar solo turned out. Anyway, please give it a listen and tell me what you think. How are the riffs? Does it flow well? It needs a vocal line. Thanks.
Attachments:
Quicksilver Sunrise.zip
I love the piano bit in the intro. The slide is really cool and unexpected. Haha, you'll probably hate me for this, but the verses sound so much like the background music for a platformer game, the obligatory "horror" level, and I mean that in the best possible way! the little break however with the guitar I like. The chorus is great, the only thing I'd say is it looks like you just gave up on the piano at the start of it there, when the piano had been so strong before. The solo I'm not crazy about, but then it's not really my genre; coming out of the solo was really good though. Overall I quite liked it, despite it being outside my genre - 7.75/10
nice one, but it somehow went boring after a while, and you need to add vocals for the verse, it just seems.... like the one above of me said, like a video game. But I liked the solo, good stuff. 7/10

Maybe crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876585
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com