It started yesterday when I started getting this very loud siren-like sound after I turned it on and started playing (I let it warm up a good 4 or 5 minutes.)

I thought that some of the tubes might be loose so I checked them out and made sure they were well-secured. Fast-foward to about 5 minutes ago and it happens again! I have a feeling something is wrong....

The amp is a B-52 AT212 combo amp (reverb tank is broken so might that be the problem?)

Ugh...I just got this amp about a month ago and I would hate for it to crap out already. I have no idea what could be going on but I hope it's something easily replacable like the power tubes or the fuse....
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
just turn down ur gain i had the same problem today when i broughthome a new guitar thought it was the guitar then i turned down the gain on the amp n it went away woot woot hope that its nothing more then that good luck
Its just a noisy amp, i have the same amp. Just get a noise gate, it clears it up real quick.
The thing is, this very loud siren noise happens on EVERY channel, including the clean channel.

This isn't background noise, this isn't feedback...this is a "I don't think it's supposed to do that" kind of noise.

Also, when it happened again today, I played at a very very low volume (less than 1) and a very loud siren noise still came out. I KNOW something isn't right here.
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
Last edited by Drusus at Jun 4, 2008,