so im 15. i have a garage band. im in dire need of a bigger amp! i play thrash metal mainly. need something with clarity. any ideas?
Carvin MTS.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
people are probably gonna flame me for this. b ut if your really doing metal and need some low end bite but also some ridiculous ****ing treble. check out randall they got a a great line up for the price range your in
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
yea. ive been looking at a randall half stack. the cheaper one. you know if there any good?
5150 combo
/thread
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I think it's funny how the same equipment keeps popping up. In 2 years every UGer who plays metal is going to have a Hellraiser and a 5150 or a VK. Not that it's a bad thing though
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
5150 combo
/thread

Except that they don't make em anymore (It's called a 6505). And it generally runs about twice the TS's budget.

Bugera's 6262 is a good option for around that price.
+1 Bugera
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
what about a line 6 spider III? It will produce all of the great tube amp tones plus much, much more!!
Quote by afrika18
what about a line 6 spider III? It will produce all of the great tube amp tones plus much, much more!!

line 6 gets too much bass for my taste. and when you hit a preset then turn a knob everything changes. too much hassle.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
5150 combo
/thread

THIS.
Quote by imgooley
Except that they don't make em anymore (It's called a 6505). And it generally runs about twice the TS's budget.

Lmao. He recommended the 5150 - to get one of those, you have to look to the used market, as, like you said, they don't make them anymore - where they fall nicely into his price bracket.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by afrika18

-1 at poor attempt of sarcasm.
Quote by imgooley

Bugera's 6262 is a good option for around that price.

of course i know they don't make them anymore.
It's called buying used and it's a much better deal.
My 5150 combo was $500, $100 under the TS's budget.

just look used and wait for a deal, 5150 combos usually go for 500-600.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
5150! Its real easy to find one used on evilBay. It won't be too hard getting your hands on one.
Mesa/Boogie Road King (v2) 120 Watt (std. tube config) on Traditional Road King Cabs (2x 4x12)- B.C. Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7-string and Modded B.C. Rich Plat. Pro Warlock 7-string - Boss GT-PRO
New,

A Valveking with an OD Pedal.
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112