What's the best way to learn to solo? I'd like to be able to play really fast and stuff, but i'm not sure where to start
ummm definetly start off learning your basic pentatonic in just the first box and get comfortable with thatdo that for quite a while then learn the pentatonc all around the neck knowing roots then you can throw in other notes to make the natural minor scale.

that should take you a while and you have to start slow before playing fast
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
yea do wat Bob said just find sum scales and practice them using a metronome and once ur comfortable with that speed go faster... and so on and so forth.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Go slow. I know its hard as hell, infuriating, even, but it will help you be more precise. Learn scales, as people said, and use alternate picking. use a metronome and make sure to hit all the notes and stay on time.
Also, learning techniques like 2 handed tapping and sweep picking will help your solos have more variety and "flavor" for lack of a better word =]
"I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here."
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
yea do wat Bob said just find sum scales and practice them using a metronome and once ur comfortable with that speed go faster... and so on and so forth.

Not really helpful at all.

TS, first thing you need to do is study a few simple solos, listen to them until you can hum them back from memory. Then familiarise yourself withthe major scale and pentationics to enable you to recognise patterns within solos, that'll help you actually learn them. Then start learning some simple solos, Highway to Hell is a good place to start. You're not going to be able to play fast solos until you can play slow ones, therefore there's no point worrying about speed. What IS important is your timing, basic technique and your ability to follow chord changes.

Actually practicing scales themselves is of limited use, all that does is teach you how to play scale patterns. However is is helpful to know and understand the major, minor and their pentatonic scales...that doesn't equate to mindlessly playing up and down them though and neither is that ability necessary to learn them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com