Poll: firebird or les paul
Poll Options
View poll results: firebird or les paul
Firebird
21 36%
Les Paul
38 64%
Voters: 59.
im going to be buying an epiphone fire bird or a les paul and i cant decide, my budget is $1000 which is the better buy?
Last edited by jesus on a bun at Jun 4, 2008,
Umm, I personally like les pauls, but for a thousand dollars, cant you just get a Gibson?
Quote by AlskiOverload
Umm, I personally like les pauls, but for a thousand dollars, cant you just get a Gibson?

i could get a gibson firebird or a les paul for $1000 bucks why the hell wasnt i told
Quote by jesus on a bun
i could get a gibson firebird or a les paul for $1000 bucks why the hell wasnt i told

Because Gibson Firebirds are like $1800, and Gibson LPs below $1000 aren't all that great.
Go for Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top or Elitist Les Paul or the Les Paul Ultra II. i never liked Firebirds, so i'm voting for Les Paul
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I played the Epi FB, and it's a nice guitar, but the thing just feels awkward in your arms. Personally, I'd never buy one, but the LPs are great.
I voted Firebird, just because I love the feel to them. Though I like the basses more.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
for $1000 you could get both (I think). I've got a Les Paul and like it very much, but I've always liked Firebirds too... You could look for a Epi Les Paul custom, they are gorgeous
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
I have 2 Les Pauls myself and I'm sure mostly everyone else does so I voted for the Firebird which is not an everyday thing like a Strat or Les Paul
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
just buy both lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I personally prefer Les Pauls. Thicker, warmer tone, awesome sustain. However, I played a Firebird a while ago, and loved the neck on it, and the pickups were decent too. upper fret access was awesome. And it had some tuners on it which were fantastic. Like, they seemed to be better than my Grovers.
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. It's $150 more, but it's MIJ.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get an Elitelist Epi LP.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Firebird, and mod it with the extra money. Otherwise, get a Les Paul Custom Plus from Sam Ash or Sweetwater.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Firebird, there is something about the Epi Les Pauls that I just hate, I think it's the pickups, they have nowhere near the bite that the ones in even the cheap Gibson LPs do.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Or If you would like.. save a little for a Standard Gib Sg, or buy a Faded Sg? It's different from the two you mentioned but I'm just throwing it out there if you'd like.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I've never REALLY liked firebirds.

Edit: So I'd say the Les Paul. But what kind?

P.S. hey Brad, eff you!
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 12, 2008,
Firebird all the way,and if you want you can go on ebay or somthin and get a V or VII with the mini hbs