In March, I sold my Epi LP Standard and bought a Fender Standard Tele, because I wanted single coils. Now, I really really miss my LP and humbuckers. Would it buying an Agile AL-2000 fill the void in my heart? I'd feel really bad buying a new guitar after only a couple months, but I really miss my LP and it's only $200.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
If you miss humbuckers, buy a sd hotrails for the bridge of your tele. I'm putting one in mine.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
put a JB Jr or Hot Rails in bridge position. they're humbucker with the size of single coils.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I still like the single coils in my tele, and they suit a lot of the music I play. However, I play other music that I just can't get to sound right with my tele. Plus, it's only a few months old and I'd hate to mod it already, especially when the mods would end up being almost as pricey as a new guitar.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
well, if you have the money for the Agile, i say go for it.
Do you all think it'd be as good as an epi std? Or at least close?
i don't know. probably close. i've heard good things about Agile Les Pauls.
So have I, but it seems that everything I hear is about the higher up models, but I'm not in the position to buy another 300 or 400 dollar guitar.
well, you already have a G-310 Epi. they have humbuckers right?
Yeah, but I took that humbucker out and put a p90 in, and in the process, ****ed the wiring and grounding up so bad that it just hums too loudly to play.
I checked the directions over and over again, and I think the problem is that it was my first time soldering, so I melted the contact on one of the pots to almost nothing, and burnt a lot of wires.
I might have a looksy at it then, but I'm still without a humbucker guitar.
you can get a Duncan P-Rails for P90, single coil AND humbucker tones. it's humbucker sized so it'll fit right in your Epi G310.

EDIT: you nedd to wire it in a push/pull pot though.
Well I'd never mess with the electronics again, it's way above my ability. So then I'd have to get someone to do it for me, which would be about 50 or 60 dollars (at least at the guy I go to). I'm gonna have to think about it.
I would love to be able to do it. Just making a fine guitar unplayable discourages you a bit, lol.
Quote by TheAdict310
Well I'd never mess with the electronics again, it's way above my ability. So then I'd have to get someone to do it for me, which would be about 50 or 60 dollars (at least at the guy I go to). I'm gonna have to think about it.

if you know someone who can do it for you for free, that's a good thing. learning to do tech work by yourself is a good experience.
i'd be happy to help you with soldering but were miles away.
Haha, I appreciate the gesture.